Friday 22 November 2013

Laughing IS Good Medicine For The SOUL

What ever am I going to journal about this day .... I am feeling "stuck" as where to start, but give me a minute and hopefully I will get going.  Yes I know, everyone that knows me knows I never have absolutely "nothing" to say, or if I don't you know there would be something terribly wrong.  Right?

Oh I know what I was going to start with now (or what I had in my mind this morning to start with), as it is all coming back to me ....

Last night my friend, Toni with an "i" had posted a cartoon of three elderly woman on her Facebook status as she had been amused by the cartoon and wanted to share with all of her friends.  WELL let me tell you, the cartoon she posted JUMPED right out at me and I couldn't stop laughing for the longest time, still chuckling over it.  What do you think?

Yes, I called "Shot Gun" for the wheelchair !  My hair is still light, and my legs are winter ready warm, and I do like the colour Yellow.  Abby with a Raccoon? after our day together yesterday that should be a "mink", should it not? and Toni? well she has two cats, not just one, so whupsup with the one pussy?

  Yes me and my buddies, "Till Gravity Do Us Apart".


Shortly after 8 am this morning Rob calls me.  Apparently part way to where he was picking up he had looked back into his rear mirror to realize he had two unpaid fares keeping him company.

The two Curious George dudes had been left behind in the Crabby Cabbie vehicle last night, and were still in for the ride.  I don't think the condition they had been in yesterday had much improved this morning from what Rob reported back to me.


I am telling you I had the biggest belly laugh last thing last night and first thing this morning that I had for a long long time ..... it set for a great mood for the remainder of the day.  The Georges? they have been removed from the Crabby Cabbie vehicle and transferred over to our personal vehicle.  I will have some company for a wee bit longer it seems.

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed this morning with my mind going 50 miles a minute and my body not cooperating by keeping up.  Time did not stop and wait for me to "catch up" so forward the day went.  I juggled a phone call with my Auntie while dividing the hamburger I had purchased on sale.  Then I headed on downtown to do a couple of errands.

I have not been too pleased with the news I have been hearing about nasty Winter weather coming our way through the night for the next couple of days in Southern Ontario.  Not happy at all as that will mess up my plans I have had for this upcoming weekend.  Not a happy camper at all.

Regardless about how I felt about this unsettling weather forecast, this day went forward ....

While the dinner I had prepared was cooking, I finally got around to making some treats.  Old Fashioned ...

.... Rice Krispie Squares with some Christmas Colours.  Truly I was "stuffed" after our Dinner, but it didn't stop me from trying out a square.  Oh I do LOVE these even though it is one of the oldest treats in the Book !  YUM !!!


Truly can you get an easier yummy treat then melting 3 tablespoons of margarine, adding 4 cups of miniature marshmallow, then 6 cups of rice krispie cereal, then pressing all in a greased 9x13 pan?  I think not.

Rob volunteered to make the Basmati Rice to go along with the Slow Cooked meal I prepared earlier today for our Dinner.  Yep, ROB MADE THE RICE, not ME !  but truly it was done, just a little bit more then required was all.  My hubby really does make me laugh.


The Dinner in the Crock Pot I threw together today around 1 pm turned out really good.


Recipe please?  FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.  Lots leftover to package up and freeze for a couple future meals, just the way I like it.

I also received an email from my Best Friend, Bob, so for the final Belly Laugh of the day ....

SIPPING VODKA  
Finally, a chain letter that I don't mind forwarding.  But I do NOT do chain letters, so I am just sharing and not expecting anyone to pass on, "or else" will happen to them.  Here it goes ....
A new Priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the Monsignor how he had done.  
The Monsignor replied, "When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."  
So next Sunday he took the Monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. 
Upon his return to his office after the mass, he found the following note on the door:  
1) Sip the vodka, don't gulp.
2) There are 10 commandments, not 12.
3) There are 12 disciples, not 10.
4) Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.
5) Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.
6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C..
7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the Spook.
8) David slew Goliath; he did not kick the shit out of him..
9) When David was hit by a rock and was knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.
10) We do not refer to the cross as the 'Big T.'
11) When Jesus broke the bread at the last supper he said, "Take this and eat it for this is my body." He did not say,"Eat me."
12) The Virgin Mary is not called 'Mary with the Cherry'.
13) The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, Yeah God.
14) Next Sunday there will be a taffy pulling contest at St. Peter's not a peter pulling contest at St. Taffy's.  
  
I have read this one in the past, but it did not stop me from having yet another belly laugh again.  

Laughing is GOOD MEDICINE FOR THE SOUL, try to laugh as much as you can, as it is much better to do then some of the alternatives, is it not?

Should anyone have plans to travel in Southern Ontario in the next couple of days, keep abreast of the weather reports as there have been Snow Squall Warnings issued:  http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/?prov=son

Okay the belly laughs are now behind me, and a not too amusing a sink full of dishes are ahead of me, and that is NO laughing matter, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. Laughing is good for the soul and you had lots today. I do hope the weather is not as bad as it is calling for. Take care have a nice weekend. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't laugh..what the heck is the point?
    8 and 9 are particular favourites!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like somebody was in a good mood today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that vodka story before. It is a good one!

    The Curious Georges still look hung over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny, Cindy! All of it! Except for the dishes, of course.
    I haven't had chicken cacciatore in a very long time. Sounds good for the cold temps we'll be getting by mid week. The Rice Krispie treats look yummy too.
    Hope you, the Crabby Cabbie, the pups, and the Curious Georges stay safe in the winter weather.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...