Tuesday 13 August 2013

Day 3: Unbelievable

I had a great sleep last night where I was a Guest with my friend Toni with an "i"'s family, Kathy, Dave and their daughter, Kim.  This morning was the day Kathy, Toni and I headed out to make our way back to Ontario.  Toni and I back home, and Kathy to visit her parents.

We headed out by 7:30 this morning.


We were making our way back to Ontario with a stop first at Hopewell Rock, New Brunswick.  Along the way the tide had left the river beds empty.


We could not resist stopping here where all the colours had caught our eye.  The funny thing was that the chap that owns and makes all these birdhouses told us his wife was from Clifford, Ontario !


Finally we had left Nova Scotia and made it to Hopewell Rock at the Bay of Fundy in NB.


Toni & I, Kathy & Toni, the floor of the Bay of Fundy, which is fed by the Alantic Ocean.  Seaweed anyone?


Squishy muddy clay I walked through as I  made my way to stand in the red waters of the Bay of Fundy.


Within 20 minutes the large rock pictured here had water up to it with the Tide coming in.  Barnacles were found attached to rocks.  Do you see the "drumstick" in the large rock crevice?  and how fortunate was I to find a "goldfish" on the floor of the Bay of Fundy?


All the wonders and formations I was able to witness was unbelievable.


Off  down the road we stopped again this time to check out this Covered Bridge .... over across the field were some people out on a trail ride with their horses.


This stop was at Alma, New Brunswick where we entered the Fundy National Park to continue on our journey.


Where is this? Grand Falls, NB where our Motel room overlooks the beautiful gorge.


The "highlight" of my day was being given these Crabs by my friend Toni with an "i" so as not to feel too lonely without my "Crabby Cabbie".


I have been having so much fun with the girls on our trek back to Ontario and back home, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful exploration! When we were at Hopewell Rocks 20 years ago with the kids, a duck did a tap dance on top of our tent raiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great adventure you guys are having!! I know hubby and your babies must be missing you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funday Bay looks like a must visit!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are you finding time to blog Cindy? You're a star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent shots, Cindy!

    I've been at Hopewell twice, spent hours watching the tide, walking down among those flowerpot islands. It's an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...