Tuesday 2 July 2013

Wiarton Wednesdays

I could barely get my achy body out of bed this morning.  When I did it had not been until 7 pm.  I was grateful our gang allowed me to stay there as long as they had.

Our company rolled out this morning, while I headed out to drop off one of our Crabby Cabbie vehicles over to our mechanic.  Our Crabby Cabbie Driver, John, came to collect me to bring me back home.  One of the benefits of having a Taxi in Wiarton I suppose.

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed this morning with so much to be done in respect of the month end accounts to be billed out, the 2nd quarter to be figured out once the books are caught up from the last 2 months (yes I am behind again, but better 2 months then 3).

I tackled doing the accounts, then headed on out to hand deliver one and complete some errands downtown Wiarton after I had done so.  Tomorrow is Wiarton Wednesday, wherein the Crabby Cabbie will be participating, so I needed to pick up a few things.

Here is the low down on Wiarton Wednesdays, which will be running the next 8 Wednesdays, so come on out to have some FUN !!!

July 3rd we have a great line-up of activities, the Dock will be on site and on air in the Pinkerton's parking lot alongside our musician of the evening Bruce Worthington. Bobbi Switzer from Edwards Outpost will also be downtown highlighting her renowned wood carvings.

And Shhh, we have a surprise that will be found in front of Givens Auto Marine ... Bring your appetite!

That being said if food is your thing the Wiarton Inn & Restaurant will feature a 2 can dine for $12.99 special from 4-6pm and have a gift card giveaway as well. The Green Door will be open late with all of our menu favourites and Cocoa Vanilla will have music to drink your coffee to. After indulging you can wear off calories at Lloyd's Smoke Shop and play unlimited pool for a flat-rate.

The Farmer's Market begins at 5pm, and at 7pm Josie's models will strut downtown in summer styles.

Bring your kids so they can get a balloon at the Great Canadian Dollar Store, colour their own 'Willie' Great T-Shirt at RAM Trophies and Sportswear, pick up a water bottle from Crabbie Cabby and then head to Northern Confections for some candy making demos and face painting.

You can tap into your Etsy side and learn something new at Karen's Scrapbooking with a feature workshop on 'layouts' or take a stroll to the Painted Turtle for a jewellery workshop ... you might even get to use an anvil!

You'll find promos, sales and features at Complete Wellness, The Cluttered Cupboard, Wiarton Home Building Centre, and the Source. I've been told you can even dig for discounts at Rankin River Trading Co. With what you save on Wednesday you might just feel in the giving mood and treat yourself to handmade jewellery at Unfurgettable Petz where a portion of proceeds go to their local Rescue Fund.

Thinking about a vacation, Bluewater Travel will have a representative on site from Hanover Travel featuring local getaways.

There is something for everyone, to do, to buy or to see ... Just remember 'We Got It In Wiarton!'

Just a little correction on behalf of the Crabby Cabbie.  We will be giving away water for those who hopefully be wandering over to see us, and have a thirst on, as well as having a weekly draw for a Summer Item (photos will follow tomorrow you can be sure).

After my errands downtown were finished I returned home to give my Gang some of my undivided attention and have a bit of lunch.  

How did I spend the rest of my day .... cutting the lawn, which seems to take half a day at the best of times.

Supper tonight was very yummy, as well as Easy Peasy to make.  We had leftover pork tenderloin, so what else to do with it but ....

Caramelize Onions, add your favourite BBQ Sauce, throw in the leftover chopped pork, heat thoroughly then serve up on a fresh sliced Egg Bun alongside Homemade Potato and Egg Salad.


Was it good ... extremely good !

Here it is only 6:31 pm, what could I possible do once I have posted this entry.  Ah the back part of our yard still needs cut.  A coffee is going to come first, then I am off and running again, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

8 comments:

  1. Supper looks good ! Never a dull moment is there ? Thanks for sharing . Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindy take care of yourself OK. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...feel better, Cindy!
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think this weather is helping.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Johhn is right but I doubt you ever do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If we could just have a string of non-humid, even temperatured days, wouldn't we all feel a heck of a lot better eh? I had to see the doc. today about my blood checks and she gave me a new puffer that she thinks might help. Won't help the achey painy stuff though.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...