Wednesday 3 July 2013

Wiarton Wednesdays ~ Week 1

I am exhausted.  How many times have I told myself this or felt this way? many, and there will be many more in my future I am certain.  On a happy note, it was a good tired.

Today was Week 1 of Wiarton Wednesdays, wherein the Crabby Cabbie was participating.  Crabby Cabbie as in "moi", not Rob.  The purpose of Wiarton Wednesdays is for the participating businesses to stay open late til eight and usually offer some extra "perk", "discount", "give away" or "discount" to promote themselves and our beautiful Town of Wiarton.

Thanks to my friend, Koreen of Ram Trophies & Sportswear, who offered us her store front as our base for Wiarton Wednesdays.  What was the Crabby Cabbie doing? we were giving away Water and offering a Draw for a Cooler Bag.

We got to meet a few new people who were happy to fill out a ballot for this cooler bag which included a disposable hibachi set.  Cold water went over well too on such a hot and humid day.


Koreen of Ram Trophies & Sportswear made up Wiarton Willie T-Shirts for children to colour in.  This was so much fun, not only for the children but for us too !

Lots of happy faces with the creative colouring skills too.


The Dock 92.3 was downtown Wiarton this afternoon advertising the Wiarton Wednesdays and what was going on this day.


These were a few Wiarton Businesses who were taking part of Wiarton Wednesdays.  The Home Hardware Building Centere, The Painted Turtle, Northern Confections, Unforetable Petz, Karen's Creations & Scrapbooking.


The Wiarton Farmer's Market also had some of their Vendors participating.  Mary Queen of Tarts was displaying freshly baked fruit scones (there was much more however I was there when they were just setting up).


Josie's of Wiarton was participating by having a Fashion Show.  I caught the very start of this event ... how nice were all these models looking in Red & White?


It was also nice to see our Wiarton Crabby Cabbie Driver, John, was out and about working Wiarton.


Next Wednesday there will be more entertainment, a Farmer's Market, a Car Show down in Bluewater Park, Wiarton Stores staying open Late til Eight and hopefully something for YOU when you come out to Wiarton Wednesdays.  See you there !

I got back home after eight to check phone calls, have a quick coffee, attend to some puppies and the rest of the gang, organize the photos of the day and .....

.... now this exhausted gal is off not running too quickly to her bed very shortly, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. what a super idea and what a great ambassador (sp?) you are for Wiarton.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a business concept I haven't quite seen done here.

    I suspect the Queen of Tarts at the farmer's market would count on me as a regular customer if I were living in the area...

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...