Wednesday 10 July 2013

Wiarton Wednesday ~ Week 2

That was quite the storm that rolled through our skies at 2 am.  Poor Bandit was shaking and panting as he sat on my side of the bed with fear of the Thunder and Lightening.  I got up to check the windows had been all shut and gave him a couple comfort pats before going back to bed myself.

This morning I was up and out the door before 7:30 am to head down to set up at Ram Trophies & Sportswear for Wiarton Wednesday.  Once I was done that I headed it back home to shower and let the gang out one more time before heading back down.

Thank goodness the humidity had not been as bad today as the preceding days.  By late afternoon it had gotten very windy and considerably cooler.  There is a very cool breeze coming through our North window as I now sit here.

After Koreen and I had ourselves some lunch, I headed back home to look after the gang once again.  

What do I do all day long at Ram Trophies & Sportwear while representing The Crabby Cabbie Giveway Draw for the Wiarton Wednesday? well I organized clothing items Koreen offers for sale in her premises.  You know how people take things out to try on, and they never seem to get put back where they originated from?  I have been taking care of that for her, as she is very busy otherwise filling orders for her customers.

Here is one of the Bluewater Cruisers dropping by to fill in a ballot for The Crabby Cabby draw.  We had some very excellent Artists colouring in Wiarton Willie T-shirts provided by Ram Trophies & Sportswear.


I had to walk up to see my friend, Abby Miners, at the Farmer's Market at the Berford Street Parkette that is participating every Wiarton Wednesday from 5 - 8 pm.  Along the away I noticed some of the businesses who are participating in the stay open til 8 by the signs they have displayed in front of their stores.  There are some stores who are participating that haven't yet received their  Street board, so do not be discouraged if you do not see one, as they might be open late til 8.  I also had been right up there at 6 pm to see this week's entertainment setting up to play from 6 to 8 pm.


It was almost 7 pm when Koreen mentioned we should probably think about having ourselves some Dinner. I wholly agreed as my headache had been getting worse.

Koreen treated me to Dinner from the Wiarton Inn, located right next door to her store.  Of course when I got home after my day Rob had to rub in what a beautiful meal he had made himself.

Koreen & I had the Wiarton Inn's Wiarton Wednesday Early Bird Special of 2 can dine for $12.99.  While Koreen had the Salisbury Steak, I had the Ham & Scalloped potatoes as pictured below.  We both had Rhubarb Custard Pie, which was also included in the price of the special.   Rob? well he had made himself  BBQ'd chicken, done to perfection, as he was so quick to point out, and homemade Potato & Egg Salad.  Good job Rob, was it not? that I had taken the chicken out to defrost and boiled extra potatoes last night for there to be leftovers for Potato Salad.  *smile*


I am exhausted, I am grateful Rob is doing the Aussie duties for me tonight.  I have another big day ahead of me again tomorrow, and I am going to find myself in bed very shortly here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a great meal you had at the Wiarton Inn. I like the idea of the stores staying open to 8:00 p.m. Hope they are being patronized enough to make it worth their effort. Two of my favourite tourist towns that we have stopped at close their doors at 5:00 p.m., including Friday night. I walked up town after we had the boat settled, when we arrived in Picton, after our long trip across the Bay of Quinte from Trenton. I got into town about 5:00 p.m. only to find that all the stores were closed except 2, the wool shop stays open until 5:30 and the bookstore until 6:00 pm. what a disappointment. However, I probably saved a lot of money. Merrickville also closes up at 5:00 pm. I guess they have found the tourists don't come to town after supper. We are in Smiths Falls tonight and there was a whopper of a storm through here just after I got back from the laundromat. Wind like crazy, thunder lightening, rain, hail. The works. Glad I got back to the boat in time. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Bandit...I hope he's okay now and that your headache was improved by that dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy~ You must have gotten the storm we experienced here the night before....you know the winds were strong when you find your lawn furniture blown all over your yard the next morning:) The humidity has subsided, giving my head a day off from pounding! I worked in a large department store for many years and was always amazed at how messy people could be....leaving clothes they have tried on in heaps on the dressing room floor.....I always wondered if they do that at home! I will admit I am an expert in folding clothes:) Take Care Cindy~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been much too long since I've had scalloped potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...