Friday 26 July 2013

Day 5 ~ The Boys Last Day

Today was not only another crazy busy day it was also the boys last day here with Grandma and Poppa,
and ....

.... their last morning at the Baptist Church Vacation Bible School.


I dropped the boys off at 8:30 am then headed on up North of the Checkerboard to my Doctor's appointment at 9:00 am.  Yes I made it on time.  

As my Doctor was getting ready to give me a B12 shot my Cell phone rang.  It was the Baptist Church calling me.  Of course the first thing I thought something was wrong with one of the boys.  No this was thankfully not the case, they wanted to let me know there was gong to be some fun and presentations for the last morning with a BBQ to follow afterwards beginning at 10:30 am, did I know?  No I had thought there was a BBQ but for me not to be back there until 11:30.  I was grateful they had called me.

I finished up with my Doctor's appointment, headed home to let the Aussies out, made one stop to see my friend, Abby, at the Wiarton Farmer's Market to pickup another one of her new inventions to resample in my cooking experiments, then made it by 10:30 to .....

The beginning of the last presentation for the Rocky Mountain Rescue (last year their theme had been Pirates).  Yes caught my boys on camera in "natural" positions of interest.


There had been three songs, which I have videoed, however those take time for me to upload and I will have to post them on tomorrow's post.  They also had a game made up of  two teams, then they had an actual member of the local OPP's Rescue Team come in to speak to everyone.

It had been most interesting to hear how Rescue was done up here on the Bruce Peninsula.  We were also shown how small of a package of food this officer had to survive on for 3 days for a survival test out in the bush.  You would not believe how cool the night vision eyewear was he demonstrated.  Really some pretty neat and exciting stuff we learned about.


Before everyone broke to go home we had a really yummy lunch of Hot Dogs, Watermelon, Cupcakes, and Ice Cream Cones.  Then there was also a very lovely girl there to make animals out of balloons for each and everyone of the 21 children who attended VBS.


Aiden has been a part of the Wiarton Baptist Church's VBS since it began 3 years ago.  That is actually where I first met my now friend Sharon.  Sharon actually was kind enough to drive along with me to meet up with the boy's Mother to drop them off this afternoon.  Thanks again Sharon !

I can not say enough about how wonderful the Church Members and Volunteers are who have donated their time the past 3 years to make so many children's lives a bit happier by hosting the VBS.   Thank you to each and everyone.

Once the boys and I had lunch, Aiden 3 hot dogs, watermelon and an ice cream cone, Connor 2 hot dogs, watermelon and an ice cream cone, we made it back home to let out the Aussies and have a 1/2 hour breather before taking them to meet their Mother just over an hour away.

I was very happy that I got a big kiss and hug from each of them before I left them with their Mother.  They both want to come back next Year for VBS, and this I am looking forward to already.

Sharon and I had a great drive back home, as we had lots of catching up to do since we have both been so busy the past Year to really spend any time together.  It was a great visit.

With Sharon dropped off, I had to pickup a parcel downtown Wiarton for the Crabby Cabbie.  I had no idea why the Crabby Cabbie would be receiving a parcel from anyone, as Rob had assured me he had not ordered anything.

You can imagine my surprise when I opened the package to find this framed document, along with a personalized letter from our local MPP, Bill Walker.  Nice touch Bruce-Grey MPP.


Now to figure out how the local MPP would know that we were even in existence beforehand to even expand.  I am always forever in speculation, amazement and awe at times over such occurrences.

And would it be strange to say it is weird to see my name as Cindy Roth, instead of Cindy Masterson-Roth? Hmmm, will have to get used of that one too ... *smile*

Can I say "tired"?  I most certainly can say "tired", "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear the boys had such a good time. Now it's time to take a little breather and re-group before your trip.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it been a week already?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust you will recover from your busy week and be left with very happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very busy day for you!

    I hope you enjoy the trip east!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...