Wednesday 31 July 2013

A Mixed Bag Of Everything

I could not believe I could barely get my sorry butt out of bed at 7 am this morning.  However since I am typing this now I suppose I eventually did, shortly after 7 am ... *smile*.

My day was not too eventful, however did consist a mixed bag of things getting done.

What might those things have been as I reflect back on my day ?

The Aussies come first and foremost, as in every one of my days, but this will not be happening when I am gone shortly on my mini trip, that will become Rob's first of his every day (hmmm, I really wonder how he is going to handle filling my shoes while I am gone?  I suspect he will be happy that I will be returning, or otherwise the Aussie might have to go?  Ha !).

Today was Wiarton Wednesday, so after my Aussie chores, Facebook updates and 2 cups of coffee, off I headed downtown Wiarton to set up the Crabby Cabbie table for the weekly draw.  Once this was all done I returned home to make the bed and a couple of things before heading back downtown again.

I spent the majority of my morning handing out Wiarton Wednesday description cards to visitors and Wiarton people I passed on main street as well as to local people ....

The "Crabby Cabbie" business card.  Hopefully we will get more known in the Wiarton Community by me doing this.  Small communities can be hard shells to "crack" sometimes, this I know since I am a small town Southampton Girl myself.


After I had done both sides of main street Wiarton I headed back to Koreen's Store, Ram Trophies & Sportswear where we decided what our lunch was going to be today.  Green Door Cafe was the choice of the day.  Koreen had their Loaded Chicken with fries (which is one of my favourites) while my choice today was ...

The Grilled Reuben Sandwich on Marbled Rye Bread with a side Caesar Salad.  Was it good? absolutely the best !


After we were finished with our lunch, or me with mine anyway, I had to scurry quick to get up to the Wiarton Hospital as I was scheduled for an x-ray of my nasal passages at 1:30 pm.  Off I went.  Once the x-rays were done I popped in quickly to see my friend Diane Sheppard, who was next door at Ultra Sound.

A quick hello and catch-up as I hadn't seen her for so long.  It was fun quick hello.

I then headed back home to Aussie duties then finish cutting the lawn before it rained.  Rob had gotten the front done last night while my friend Gayle had been over to weed, as I went out to give her a hand until dusk arrived and the hoards of mosquitoes with it.

The back forty took me up to almost our Dinner time.  No I had not planned on what I was having for Dinner, so it was a another trip downtown to pickup some buns, burgers, and a fruit tray (on sale for $10.00 this week for a great healthy treat for us).

What is my love doing now Dinner is over with? he had gone to bed to relax and it is only 6:37 pm now while I have been typing away doing this here post.  Poor guy can never get caught up on his sleep EVER it seems.

I have just recently learned the Bruce County Museum has been serving lunches and teas this Summer.  Should anyone like to learn more about this, please do so by *clicking* HERE.  I am thinking it would be a lovely day out to take in the Museum then have a nice lunch afterwards on the patio.  Would you think this too?

It really was a mixed bag of everything today for me.  What now? well I think I will put my feet up, have myself a cup of Java, let my Aussie gang out for some fun before their bedtime, then call it a night myself after I first watch MasterChef on TV (if I can keep my eyes open that long), "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. The museums here do lunches, typically, so it seems to work, and makes sense for others to have a go at it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic looking plate ! Yum.
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could totally share that lunch with you! I really miss some good rye bread...

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...