Friday 19 April 2013

Wild And Windy

 This morning we awoke to a wild and windy day.  It was one of those blustery Winnie-the-Pooh days.

"It was a good day to hit the dreaded "Crabby Cabbie" book work.  Yech !  with January and February behind me I still had March to look forward to, and before I know it, it will be the end of April and that will be hanging over my head."


"At least I had a distraction with looking outside the dining room window from time to time to see this chipper Robin huddling on a branch.  In front of me I had the Telus Calendar with a pair of Owls that put a smile on my face.  I do love getting the Telus Calendar every year."


"Of course there were lots of breaks in-between since my four awesome Aussies needed out, about and in at least a few times while I was doing the dreaded books.  Much cooler today then the High of almost 20*C we had yesterday.  The rain was pretty much gone by lunch time with lots of puddles and small ponds on the property.  Oh there are two partners in crime, speaking of Aussies ... Lexus and Bandit giving me the "eye"."


"I stayed out longer then I should have with Mercedes, but then again I figure I needed a longer break and it won't be much longer that she will be tied down herself with her first litter.  This is the very first time I had really gotten that much of a real noticeable *smile* from this girl ... she really is quite the little doll.  A Roly poly doll at the moment.  We even had a game of throw the stick, but she didn't last as long as she normally would have.  The time is close."


"I am most times always amused with our Buddy's energy and antics.  He is quite the "Ham" I must say.  We had been at the West side of the house, with both of us almost blown away a couple times today."


I managed to get those "dreaded" books done today, but it took me some time to get through the mess.  I claimed back our dining room table if nothing else got done today.  Of course I had to get it cleared as where else would I have my Dinner.

"With some tortilla wraps to be used up, I scrambled some egg, added marble cheese, a bit of red onion and romaine lettuce to make myself a very filling Dinner.  Served with it was a bowl of torn romaine lettuce leaves and red onion, topped with Raspberry Vinaigrette.  A very satisfying Dinner it was."


I had a wonderful surprise last night !  My "Crabby Cabbie" came home, so I did not have to have the Dinner I had planned alone.  Mind you it was a late Dinner going on to 8 pm.  Still it was not enjoyed alone, and that was worth it in itself, especially when it was the very first time I had made this meal ....

"Rosemary-Crusted Pork Tenderloin.  It was wonderful !"


Recipe please?  PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.

Pssst ... I got to see not only some cuteness this morning, also some smartness.  I would love to share this with everyone, so just *click* HERE.


I know I am a pain, but until the 6th of May I hope I am a lovable "pain".  Because of YOUR support and daily votes we are now at 208 Votes.  

Hardly enough when I look at some people's Small Businesses with Votes already in the high hundreds, however I still need to try my best.   Once again, please Vote daily for MY "Crabby Cabbie", until the 6th of May, here is the link:

https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/base/lolb2desktop?region_id=ca-en&content_id=20580

As always, and forever, Thank YOU !!!  from me and my ....

Serving Saugeen Shores & Area.  
Southampton:  519-373-7700 or Port Elgin:  519-379-7700


Guess what? it is still windy and blustery out there.  Guess what? they are calling for snow tomorrow.  Guess what? I don't care as I still have my wood stove going and am quite nice and cozy with no book work on my dining room table for the time being, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

9 comments:

  1. Oh the video of Bindi was soo cute . It is cold and windy here to it has been a crazy spring weather wise that's for sure ! Glad to hear you didn't have to have supper on your own last night that was quite the nice surprise to have the Crabby Cabbie home . Glad you got the books done one less thing to worry about ! Thanks for sharing . Stay cozy and safe and have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy windy here as well... i've been firmly planted on the couch today reading. The girls are currently hanging out with Daddy while I read & relax... hoping to feel better soon! :(

    Have a great night, Cindy! I voted for you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The winds are quite strong today. My drive running errands was horrible. Looks like the Aussies are having fun :)
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wood stove lit.Check.
    Warm meal inside me.Check.
    A furry critter to cuddle.Check.
    We can take it...erm...sort of.
    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob could probably smell the delicious dinner half across town and just couldn't stay away! :) It's pretty chilly and windy here too :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue skies and calm in welsh Wales.... What a bleeding change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bindi is very smart. And so cute! I was complaining the past few days because we got down to the mid 30s again at night. And here you are with snow coming in!

    Thanks for linking this week, Cindy. I like the sound of "rosemary crusted!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mercedes sure is a cutie! I do think I detect a smile! Both your wrap and your pork sound delicious!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading this now on the second of May... I think it's safe to say the winter's over.

    Until August.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...