Sunday 21 April 2013

Where Were We Today ???

It was a beautiful Sunny morning when I first stepped outside first thing with Lexus at 7 am.  The ground was frosted and the skies clear.  There was no wind which made the morning, despite the frozen ground, feel warm.

While I tried to keep quiet while Rob slept, keeping myself busy with catch-up on updates The "Checkerboard Aussies" and The "Crabby Cabbie" Facebook pages.  I also caught up on a few emails.  One in particular I was very happy to receive was one from our Fab 4 litter, Sprite's Forever Owner, Sara.  Sara has send me some wonderful photos, which hopefully I will get their blog updated tomorrow sometime, as right now I am completely exhausted.  I can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.  Sleep will come easy tonight I am certain..

Once Rob did get up I got going on stripping the bedding, and started the laundry.  Really one must take advantage of the weather at hand, especially with low hydro rates and it being a Sunshiny Sunday.

We headed on down the road by lunchtime.  As anyone can well imagine, my dear Rob, aka The "Crabby Cabbie" most of the time no longer has much of a home life.  There are some days where he finds the day long between Taxi calls.  He also misses out most of the time on keeping up with our updates on our Aussies Facebook page, as well as his page, and my blog posts. 

Last night there just happened to be a Blackberry Playbook pop up for sale on the Swap site.  Brand new at an extremely low price, that fit in with my frugal lifestyle.  I also called my BFF, Vicki, as she has had one herself for awhile, to check out what she thought about it, as well as the price.  She encouraged me that it would be perfect for Rob on the road, and the price was AWESOME.  I checked out the reviews on it, and today was the day, unbeknownst to my Rob, we headed out to see if it was the deal we thought it to be.

"Brand new condition it most certainly was and is.  Much to Rob's surprise when we arrived, we made the purchase.  Now when he is sitting waiting for the taxi phone to ring, he can take advantage of the free Tim Horton Wifi and browse the web.  It will hopefully break things up for him some days.  An early "Father's Day" gift so to speak from myself and our "Checkerboard Aussies".  Really I think he is pretty happy with it already, and probably will be more so when we figure out what we are doing ... ha !"


"On our way over toward Sauble we seen 4 OPP vehicles, with one on the side of the road just outside of Hepworth with a vehicle pulled over.  It must have been a serious traffic offense, as on our way back the pulled over vehicle was being towed away .... yikes !!!  glad it wasn't me or someone I knew."


On our way back home we had one more stop to make.

"Look at all these cool things.  Lots of nooks and crannies to explore with maybe that one "special or unique" item to be found?"


"Lots of bodies just standing around.  Some stationary, and some not.  Do I have your interest yet?"


"I was back at Edwards Outpost in Clavering, located on Hwy 6 coming from Hepworth towards Wiarton.  This is where I had stopped in to see Bobbi Switzer, Bruce County's very own reowned female Chainsaw Artist,  yesterday.  I had forgotten to ask her about some signage I would like made for our "Checkerboard Aussies", but was able to talk over some possibilities with Eddie in her absence, as he also does signage."


Out and about for a drive up the Bruce Peninsula some weekend?  do a quick drop in at Edwards Outpost, as you never know what treasure you might find there for yourself.

We headed back home.  There was lots to be done, with Mercedes puppies due this week the whelping pen needs re-hauled with the new flooring we had donated to the cause.  Plans made, can always be broken.  My poor dear Rob fell asleep in his chair for the afternoon.  I left him as I carried on with the laundry and making  our bed up fresh.  I also spent time figuring out how the Blackberry Playbook operated, and got it hooked up to our Wifi.

Hopefully the Whelping pen does get re-hauled before the puppies arrive! if not, no worries, we will survive.

Rob did finally wake up before 5:00 pm.  I had not even planned on anything for our Dinner.  To be honest I was so tired I didn't even feel like cooking.  All was good as we treated ourselves to a Chicken Breast Sub sandwich down at Wiarton's Subway.  It really was yummy.  I even went out of my "comfort" zone by trying the Sweet Onion (fat free) dressing on mine.  It was really really good.

Pssst .... I know I am a pain, but until the 6th of May I hope I am a lovable "pain".  Because of YOUR support and daily votes we are now at 270 Votes, 30 more then yesterday.

Hardly enough when I look at some people's Small Businesses with Votes already in the high hundreds, however I still need to try my best.   Once again, please Vote daily for MY "Crabby Cabbie", until the 6th of May, here is the link:

https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/base/lolb2desktop?region_id=ca-en&content_id=20580

As always, and forever, Thank YOU !!!  from me and my ....

Serving Saugeen Shores & Area.  
Southampton:  519-373-7700 or Port Elgin:  519-379-7700


Did I mention how tired I am? of course I did, what else is new.  Almost time to go out and about for the last time this evening with the Aussies and call it a night myself, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. With all the "stripping" going on no wonder you're exhausted!! ;) lol!!! :P Ive heard the play books are awesome!! Enjoy!

    Off to vote again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked through all the entries, and I think your Crabby Cabbie definitely has a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your pain levels aren't sapping your energy Cindy. This winter that refuses to let go has been a real trial for so many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you up and about! I am 304 today and so exciting to see that I was in the 27...yesterday. Votes are coming in!
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I see someone pulled over by the police, I find myself thinking, "well, their day is shot." Nothing like a ticket to bring a good day to a crashing halt.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...