Saturday 13 April 2013

Really Does It Ever End ?

I was up and at it by 6:30 am.  Rob never arrived home until 3:30 am so I was trying to be as quiet as possible.  This is not always the easiest to do when you have one Aussie more impatient then the other some mornings making it a competition on who is going to be taken out first.

Bandit is pretty flexible, as is Buddy, but jeez those girls can make mornings pretty noisy most days.  Poor Rob.  All I can say is I am happy he sleeps through most of the ruckus much better then I could ever do.

Once everyone was taken care of, I got caught up first thing with the Social Media updates to the "Crabby Cabbie" and The "Checkerboard Aussies" Facebook pages, as well as trying to catch up on a few Blogger friend's posts while having my first coffee of the day.

Once the coffee was drained, I truthfully went for a second cup thinking it would help further clear the cobwebs which had apparently formed in my head.  Rob did not sleep too long this morning.  Once he had himself a coffee we headed over to our Mechanics to drop off a vehicle, this time it was our personal van for an oil change.

Good news? I think not.  The engine service light had been on, so that had been checked out.  We are looking at either a bad Spark plug, wire or a coil needing replaced, as well as there being a leak in the exhaust manifold.  Really though I am certain it could be much worse then this, but jeez whiz I had just put $900.00 into it last October !

 It is very frustrating that many auto parts barely last past the one year mark anymore.  The car I had before the van had a brand new part put in that needed replacing within two weeks.  This is totally unacceptable, as this was not the first time this had happened to us.  It was under warranty, but what the heck ???? where in the heck has Quality Control gone? obviously down the drain along with everything else in this "throw away" World we now live in.

There that should cover my one big rant for the day.

"When I had dropped off our Van to the Mechanics my "Crabby Cabbie" collected me to take me back home, and didn't even charge me a fare !  but I did make him a lovely breakfast of Homefries, Bacon, Toast and Eggs Over Easy which was apparently payment enough."


Rob headed out to work with his "Crabby Cabbie" hat firmly set upon his head a bit after the lunch hour.  Yes that is snow coming down in the photo of him in his "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle.  It snowed most of the day, with it turning to rain late in the afternoon, melting what snow there had been on the ground.

The "Crabby Cabbie" has been entered to receive a Small Business Wish through the Intuit Small Business Wish Grant.  15 Small businesses who receive the most Votes will qualify to have their wish granted.  One Vote may be cast each and every day until the 6th of May.  We would appreciate you supporting us by casting your Vote by *clicking* on the following link:

https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/base/lolb2desktop?region_id=ca-en&content_id=20580

We can not tell who votes, however your daily vote is more then appreciated by myself and Rob, my "Crabby Cabbie".  Thank you to all who are able to lend their support for our Small Business endeavours.

Back to the vicious circle of trying to keep on top of domestic chores and armies of dust bunnies, I got going on cleaning the kitchen this afternoon.

"Once the Kitchen had been tidied up, I tackled a "grid" in the Dining room area.  I can not believe how time consuming one little corner can be some times.  Hopefully the Vinegar/Water solution I used to clean the window doesn't leave any streaks behind.  I will tackle the patio doors tomorrow.".


"It always seems I make a mess to clean a mess.   I finally got it clean and sparkly again, until the wood chips and ashes land where they fall the next time loading up the stove, as the dust flies again."


I also was busy for a wee bit today on the phone with another prospective puppy buyer.  I am pleased to say, to date there are now three puppies from Mercedes and Buddy's upcoming litter that is due on or about the 28th of April, have now been spoken for.

Do not forget, should you like to join in the fun on the Puppy Pool to guess how many will be born, check it out on The "Checkerboard Aussies" Blog which will direct you to their Facebook page.  So far we have had 18 people cast their guesses from anywhere from 3 to 7 puppies.

I was speaking to our son, Paul, today who was telling me how tired he was feeling.  Rob and I both are feeling like this too.  Good Canadians, like the three of us are, we are sticking to our story that it is the weather that is causing us to feel so tired.

On that note, I am going to head out to the kitchen to make myself a cuppa Earl Grey, put my feet up and call it an early night, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

7 comments:

  1. Oh it's the weather...I've had a stinking headache since Wednesday.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe it is the weather we truly need heat and sunshine Take care. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to send you some of our wind to blow the bad weather away! We just put a new pump in our well to the tune of $4,000:( Hubby says new one should last us 15 years and pumps a lot more water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a disgusting weather today too, and I just feel exhausted. We all really need some warm summer sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could write a prescription for all of us right now it would be for warmth and sun!We all can be diagnosed with cranky-tired syndrome resulting from winter over staying it's welcome!I am sure suffering from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voted!

    A few days back I wrote a blog where I spoke of my great-grandfather coming over from Holland, staying with my grandparents for a few weeks in the Hanover area at their farm. There was a snowstorm outside in April, and he asked, "does the winter ever end in this country?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cindy - I know what you mean about things being designed to fail after a year or so. In our case it's suspension arms on the car because our drive is a BIT bumpy.

    So glad all the puppies are spoken for. x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...