Thursday 4 April 2013

Mark Those April Calendars !

My morning was full of the usual Aussie routine and first thing household chores before I headed out the door with our "Checkerboard Aussies" Fabulous Four puppy, Lunette, in tow.  We were off to visit the Home and Community Day Away Program, located at Wiarton's Gateway Haven's Nursing Home.

This is also the home where my Mother resides, so I was hoping I would find the time for I and Lunette to see her as well.  As I made my way towards the Day Away Program's room, we were stopped by a few people who were in "awe" of little Miss Lunette.  We had actually even said hello to the gal who does the hairdressing for the residents.  I couldn't believe it when Mom showed up as it was time for her to almost get her hair done as she does so every week.

"Mom even had time before her appointment to have herself a puppy cuddle."


Once I had said my Good-byes to Mom, also assuring her I was working on getting her a new pair of sandals (noted she was walking on her own again after her fall last week, no longer needing a wheelchair, which was great to see), we were off down the hallway to see the Day Away people.

All the ladies and gentlemen loved seeing little Lunette, as did the staff members.  Staff member, Wanda, took her around to each person so they all got to have themselves a "pet" of Lunette's soft fur.  We stayed for about 1/2 hour or so before we took our leave to head back home.  I have to say I had been pretty impressed with Lunette as she never even had herself one "accident" needing papertoweling while we were there.

"Back in the Van getting ready to head back home."


Really our visit all went rather well with Lunette being very well behaved, as there was some "wearing her out" going on before we had went as you can see ....

"First out with Daddy Bandit, who was dodging Lunette every which way he could, finally with a look "did I loose her?"


Then we brought out the fun Mama.

"Lexus always has loved playing with her pups.  After a bit of romping with Mama Lexus that put a bit of wear and tear on our little gal."


Once Lunette and I had returned home it wasn't much long after we had ourselves some visitors, which can be read about HERE.  The remainder was the day was spent doing not much other then a wee bit of puttering, with nothing too overtaxing.

Time to Mark Those April Calendars, and Spread the Word !  in support of the Communities.  If we do not support our Communities ourselves, how can we expect others to come in to our Communities to show us their support.  Let us put our best foot forward first.

April 6th:


Kemble Maple Syrup Tour
Details can be found HERE.

Mine and Rob experience with the Tour last Year can be seen HERE.

~ AND ~

Bazaar at the Lion's Head Arena with Proceeds going towards the Lion's Head Daycare.
Bazaar Times:  10 am to 3 pm

April 13th:




April 25th:


Thursday, April 25, 2013.6:30pm. Wiarton Home Decor Centre
Join us for a night of food, fun & fashion!
Thursday April 25th, 2013
Doors open 6:30 pm, Fashion Show begins at 7:00 pm

Tickets are $25 each and are available at Josie's of Wiarton or the Wiarton Home Decor Centre
There will be a cash bar, live music, appetizers, Silent Auction, door prizes, and more! Just some more great reasons to come!
Proceeds to the Wiarton District Optimist Club

April 27th & May 25th:

This is an email I received from Tess at the Wiarton Salvation Army offices:

Greetings dear Cindy,
I am writing to you to let you know of two events we are working on to help provide funds to needy kids so they may go to camp.
The first is a BBQ at the end of April. On Saturday the 27th we will be at St. John's United church at noon until 2 PM. with a whole host of fun activities for kids, and of course food. We have baked goods, hot-dogs, hamburgers, juice and pop. A table of surprise items, a rummage table, a bubble area (bubble castle), duck pond, fishing hole and face painting to keep them entertained. All are welcome to attend, even the big kids.  Please come and buy and support our local children.
The second is a walk-a-thon we have planned out at Mary's farm on May 25th. The plan is to walk from the Farm down to Bass Lake and back. Food will be available to walkers after. And it is a blessing to be able to visit the many animals kept there. Horseback riding is  popular and volleyball games always seem to pop up.  Anyone wishing to donate to the Walk-a-thon should contact Tess at 519-534-0353.
Blessings,
Tess

On that note, I believe I have shown and supported my Community(ies).  I am now going to show my husband my love and support by heading out into the kitchen to heat him up a bowl of Homemade Ham and Bean Soup, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your Mom is feeling better, and I think, coddling with the puppy is the best therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your mum is doing well . She is looking well to ! I am glad you are involved in your community we are here in ours as well . Our fundraisers start at the end of the month ! We advertise them in the community center , our local variety store, the small pub/restaurant and home center we have here in our village plus at the ladies church ! It is good when we all get together and help our communities ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The right kind of dog makes for very good therapy. Can't be a high strung breed, of course. No chihuahuas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the guys and girls who met Miss Lunette today were probably thrilled!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. " Midnight Blue" is a great band! The bass player has filled in for my hubby's band several times.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...