Saturday 30 March 2013

Crabby Bunny Mobiles??? Really?

Unfortunately I wasn't the only one not to get a good night's sleep again.  My "Crabby Cabbie" had not gotten home until 3 am, only to have to get back up at 7 am to get his "Crabby Cabbie" vehicles into the mechanics.  Note the "s" on vehicle?

Our driver, Carolyn, had to bring the other vehicle to Wiarton to our mechanics as well, since both her and Rob's vehicle's were having issues with the brakes.  When you are in business you do not mess around with or overlook mechanical issues with your vehicles, or we don't that is for sure.

They left one vehicle with the mechanic, then came back to the house.  I whipped us up all a breakfast of Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Home Fries and Toast with Jam.  Those poor two were not only full when I was done with them, but probably "extra" tired after they ate.

I left them each to relax on a easy chair to do up the dishes, make the bed, look after all the Aussie "gang" and head on downtown as I was off to see my Mom later this morning.

First off I stopped at the Sears pick-up outlet downtown Wiarton.  I had first called Sears to inquire where my order was since I hadn't heard it was in yet, having ordered it well over a week and a half ago.  Apparently nobody calls you to tell you when it gets in, that you are suppose to find out yourself within 3 to 5 business days, or so this is what I was told when speaking to the Sears Customer Service gal on the other end of the phone this morning.  What kind of Customer Service is that when you shop from their Sears Catalogue?  Not the best in my books I am thinking.

Regardless I went to collect the package of nighties I had ordered for my Mom, then headed on over to Gateway Haven to deliver.  I had also made an Easter Tin of Pucker-Up Squares for her too.  Between the packages, my purse and camera I had no room to carry up an armful of Kleenexes I had gotten for her.

After all that when I got there, the first thing Mom asked me, "did you get me Kleenex??"  Oh man the things you want people not to remember are the first things they remember !!!  I took Mom along with me to retrieve them.  Since she had herself a bit of a fall saying her one leg was sore, the Nursing Home Staff had ordered her a wheelchair.  Off we went .....

"Here we are with all Six boxes of Kleenex, with me telling Mom thank goodness she had the wheelchair and what a "sight" she made.  Ha ! I am sure anyone outside the Elevator could hear us laughing from way down the hallways.  The other photos were difficult since Mom always sits in front of the window.  Next time I will have to get the light behind me.  She still has the plant my Auntie had taken her.  No smelly flowers are allowed, which is just as well as I have allergies to some, as does Mom."


We had ourselves almost a good hour's visit before I wheeled her down to the diningroom as it had been lunch time by that time.  I will be going back up next week, as I have to try to find her a pair of new sandals since her old ones had been giving her blisters as they were too worn.  That will be a challenge at this time of year.  But sandals she wants, so sandals I will look for downtown at Gilbert's Shoe store where hopefully they will have stock from last Year and in a small size 5 !

Oh yes, before I left Mom's floor I couldn't believe it ...

"There is my Cousin Suzanne as plain as day in the hallway.  She really does work at Gateway Haven.  Ha ! imagine that. (gotcha Suzie "Q")."


After I had been back home for a bit, Rob dropped back home with the 2nd "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle after it had been fixed and before he had head out to work for the rest of the day.  Our wonderful employee, Carolyn, had done some decorating yesterday in keeping with some of the Easter Traditions.

"... and then there was the creation of the "Crabby Cabbie" Bunny Mobile, complete with a little cotton tail."


Ha! this is the "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle Carolyn drives and Rob had to drive it to return it to her, as she had his.  My poor "Crabby Cabbie" Bunny Rob.

Little "Checkerboard Aussies" Lunette is not due to be going to her new Forever Home for 2 more weeks yet.

"The crate training has begun here at our house.  She has become quite the little adventurous one with her colours blending in quite nicely with the deadened grasses."


Psst.... Semah is reportedly very settled in with his family in his new Forever Home.  Just *click* HERE to see for yourself.

Unfortunately this weekend did not work out for Paul and the boys to come for Easter Dinner, so it will be Rob, I and our "Aussies".  We are both looking forward to a Ham, Scalloped Potatoes with side veggies of turnip and corn.  As a "special" treat I might also make up a batch of Cottage Cheese Biscuits.  Shh, I might make Rob his favourite Lemon Meringue Pie.

I feel like my story is getting "old" but I am tired with hopes my "gang" will settle in for an early night around here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. We are always happy when families bring in tissues for family members, oh and lotion because the ones we have at the home are not the best quality.


    So glad they ordered her a wheelchairs, so often places forget things like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to your family including the wonderful aussies : )
    I am sure Paul and the grandkids will be thinking of you and of course the lovely Easter feast.
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your Mom is enjoying her ride on that wheelchair but I do hope she feels better soon! Happy Easter my friend! It will be a quiet day for us too.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...