Thursday 21 March 2013

A Little Bit of Motivation

"I obviously wasn't the only one around here that could use some motivation today."


"Really there are some days lately, but ..... "


Believe it or not, we did get a move on as the pups needed clean, fed and watered, as well as the rest of the "gang".  Mama Lexus is still wanting in with her babes, but that is a big "no, no" if they are going to be without her in a week's time.

"They were all out terrorizing the whole basement.  Good thing it is used as a basement and not a wreck room cause who knows what they were getting into !"


"I had Rob stop into the Deals store while he was in Owen Sound yesterday as I had forgot to pickup Mom boxed Kleenexes she had wanted.  All of these we got for $11.99 plus tax.  What a steal of a deal that was for 20 boxes !  Hopefully this holds her over for awhile as she goes through a lot of Kleenex."


I managed to keep pushing myself a wee bit and got the bathroom all sparkly clean, but still need to do the tub and shower area.  I also walked out in almost knee deep snow through the drifted in driveway to retrieve the mail.

"There was a card with some Scratch Tickets from my BFF Colleen ! and Barry.  Ha .. too cute."


When I had received our home telephone/Internet bill the other day it had increased by $10.00.  I had called to inquire about it, however the promotion I had been getting for the past year giving the $10.00 monthly credit had expired.  I thought to myself there had to be something they could do for such a long time loyal Bell Canada customer, so I put in another call to them again today.

The lady I got stopped me right off the bat to tell me just a minute there was a pop-up on her screen that she had never ever seen before.  She read the pop-up to me ... it said, "this customer is a very nice lady to deal with".  Wow, did that ever make my day!  I know I do have those "moments" at times, however my New's Years resolution was to try and be "kinder" this year, so I must be doing something right??? in somebody's book ! *wink*wink*

The short of the long of it, was I did not get a discount on my phone bill, however she put me thorough to the Customer Loyalty Department, who not only gave me 25 GB of Internet, but decreased my Internet bill by $11.59 per month for the next 12 months.  I was very happy with that that you very much Bell Canada wonderful Customer Service people !  Wow, three wonderful Bell Customer Service people all within a week of each other, I am elated !

Kindness can pay off at times, can it not?

"My Hero Rob came home to save the day for me again today.  I have to be at my Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning but worried I would get stuck in our driveway, so he came home for a bit this afternoon to look after little matter for me.  What would that he be holding? that is a container that my Auntie Pearlina, who is 92 years old and still living in her own home, gave to Rob to donate to the VON Piggy !!!  Thank YOU Auntie !!!"


Aunt Pearlina  doesn't read my blog, but my Auntie Gladys will be sure to tell her for me. xx

"True to his word, out came the Leyland and the driveway was cleared of all the Snow that had drifted into it."


When I knew my "Crabby Cabbie" was coming home for a bit, I busied myself to make him a special dinner to have before he had to leave again.  And besides he saved the day once again for me ! 

"I made up a Knorr Lipton Onion Roasted Garlic Meatloaf."


"One and a half hours later it was ready to be served up with mashed potatoes and creamed corn.  It was very delish by the way."


Recipe please?  PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.

Oh we really both enjoyed this meatloaf dinner.  Easy to make and lots leftover for cold meatloaf sandwiches, another something we both enjoy.

Rob left, I did the dishes, then it was time to take everybody out and about again.

Before I forget, apparently there is an upcoming Event at the Wiarton Community Center this Saturday, the 23rd of March.  A Wiarton One Stop Shop Spring Sale will be going on from the hours of 10 am until 2 pm.  Drop on over to the Community Center located by *clicking* HERE for map.  I hope this will be helpful.  I think I will take a "boo" down there Saturday if I find time and energy to do so.  Maybe will see you there!

There must be a few who have read my blog from the beginning of time who remember our very first "Checkerboard Aussies" litter, The "Magnificent Seven"?  Take a "peek" by *clicking* HERE.

Time to go look after everyone for the last time this evening before I call it a night myself, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

7 comments:

  1. Rob is awesome! Such a wonderful hubby. I know how you feel - I have no motivation lately.
    And, weather is not helping. We need the sun!
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my gang spent the day snoozing but I was whipping round doing chores like a thing possessed. I figured out why..I had two caffeinated coffees instead of one this morning!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMM roasted garlic meatloaf sounds like such a comfort meal! I could go for some right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post. Thanks for supporting Food on friday: Garlic. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob is a star....as are those pups. I wish I lived nearer and could pop one in my pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lets hope this is the last " lane blow out" we need this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some days you just want to roll back over in bed and sleep another four hours. Or ten.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...