Saturday 29 December 2012

Not The Greatest Day

I was up a couple times throughout the night last evening.  The last clock check was just before 5 am, but I decided I was not going to stay up at that time for a change.  At the time Rob got up I couldn't believe the clock said 8:00 am !  I never ever stay in bed until that time, awake or asleep.

I got motoring to let everyone out, about and fed, everyone one of our four "Checkerboard Aussies" were crossing their legs this morning.  They have NEVER waited that late in the morning to be taken out.  I am really happy they understood though *smile*, with naught an accident in any one of their crates.

Rob and I had a bit of time by having a coffee together before he made himself some Sandwiches for a lunch/supper and headed out the door with his "Crabby Cabbie" hat firmly on top of his head.  

I started a load of laundry, then got going on cleaning a bit around the wood stove area in the way of sweeping, dusting and whatnot.  Then I went to take the wood bucket back down to the basement from where it was perched waiting at the top of the stairs when ....

".... it slipped from my hand and there it was.  This is how my "not the greatest day" further progressed."


"Poor Bandit, I don't know how much later, had been forgotten outside.  Can you tell by the "look" he was giving me that he was not too impressed with me?  HA."


I did manage to get the Wood stove end of the house cleaned up, along with the Christmas things removed from the Buffet.  I have left out anything "Snowmen" as I love them out all Winter.  This is why I LOVE me those Snowmen so much.

"I even changed some photos around in their frames replacing the photo of my Son, Paul & I, in a frame I really love."


By the time morning was on its way out, I had a Migraine set in that has almost felt like my head really is going to be detached from my body very soon.  The migraine medications have not helped, and I really do not want to take any more as they make me feel sick to my stomach.  Maybe when I am done this post I will try some more along with a Gravol, or I fear I might not get any sleep tonight.

I really didn't get one more iota of anything done around here this afternoon, other then in and out with the girls a couple of times.

"First place Lexus was heading out to the wood shed to track down some squirrels." 


"She did come running back to me when called.  Lexus does not usually ever jump on me, however she will jump "straight up" in the air to land a kiss on my nose.  Here it comes .... "


"I always admire the well constructed nests left behind by the Spring/Summer months until the warmer weather once again returns to us."


"While I had been admiring the nests, Lexus had bee-lined for the woodshed.  Really really I know they are in here somewhere ... I can hear them.  Lexus is so fixated on those squirrels, I am sure she would stay in the woodshed for hours should I let her."


"Next out and about to have herself some fun, was Missy Mercedes.  She does check out the woodshed, but  is not so intent as Lexus is.  Oops looks like a bit of snow must have been on my camera lens on the 2nd photo."


Rob has still been too busy to be outside with me and Buddy, so I can get some nice Winter shots of him too.  I hope it will happen maybe tomorrow, or when he is off New Year's Day, or not.  

"These are a couple of my favourite Summer photos of Buddy this past and our first Summer with him.  He will be two years old on January 26th in the New Year.  Handsome boy, or so I think."


Okay I am thinking this is about all I can handle of blogging for the moment. 

I am off to swallow down myself some more medication, wait until the last out and about time for our Aussies, then call it a night, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

11 comments:

  1. ((Cindy)) Hope you're feeling better soon my friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do hope you are feeling better soon - Migraines are just so horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are under the weather, migraines are so hard to deal with. You sure got a lot done for a lady with no head attached!! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. those migraines are coming fast and furious at the moment aren't they? I had a nasty head later in the day when the snow stopped.

    Here's hoping today will be a better day for you.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should have said, sleep is the only thing that cures me of a headache when it's bad..

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your headache. I hope today would be better.
    Aren't the dogs fun to watch frolick in the snow?
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to meet you Cindy and to know you've got some Aussie dogs. Thanks very much for the follow. I've followed back. Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cheerfulness in the face of pain is inspirational. Hope you're feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have Border Collies and your babies remind me of them:) I am so jealous of the snow!! Living in the Southwest is awesome but sometimes you just wish for a good snow:)
    Hope you are feeling better soon:)
    Thank you for joining in Let's Get Social Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog!! I found it on the "Let's Get Social" hop and must admit ... I had to google Wiarton. This is the true beauty of the blogging world, to meet so many people from so many different places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pics of the snow! I live in the south, and it is a rare treat. I love your blog. So glad I found you.

    Happy New Year! Your newest follower from the Let's Get Social Hop. :) Can't wait to read more of your great blog.

    Kathy @ http://www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...