Monday 10 December 2012

Friendships Are To Be Celebrated

"Last night I caught a certain "Bandit" boy snoozing ....oops I was "found out", with him catching me take his picture !  He sure misses his Dad being around, can you tell?"


Very early this morning I received word from a most wonderful acquaintance in Australia that my dear friend John of Tok Tok Place passed away Sunday, in his 71st Year.  Once again I felt a piece of my heart momentarily leave me through a flow of tears.  My prayers now lie with John's family that they may find the strength to endure the loss of their beloved, Husband, Father, and Grandfather.  

Over the past Year, through our respective blog posts, where we were first connected, then by personal mail and emails, I had gained a friend who I found respectful, intelligent, kind, caring and witty.  I am going to miss his companionship with many fond memories of those times we shared or the bantering back and forth via way of the Internet.  Dearest friend, you have no idea how much I cherished our friendship.  I will miss your referring to me as I sign my mails, "Just Me", as well as the advice and direction you gave me from time to time.  John Daley I will truly miss you with prayers and wishes you are now far from pain, Resting in Peace.  Goodbye not to be forgotten.

"Friendships Are to be Celebrated", as there is so much meaning attached to them when you are blessed with being someone's friend or otherwise befriended by another.

I was to go up to Lion's Head this morning with my VON SMARTIE friend, Diana.  Since the weather had been not too great this morning it had been cancelled.  Diana had recently had her C Drive wiped out by a Virus, having had it "fixed" and "returned" just the other day.  There had been a couple of items not back the way they had been before the problem, so I had offered to go give Diana a hand to figure out what was what.

It was good time for me to get out of the house with my mind directed to something else.  I had a lovely visit with Diane.  Once we figured her computer out, Diana, her husband and I had a cuppa tea before I headed back home.

"I didn't leave Diana's home empty handed, as she gifted me this lovely houseplant.  Thanks Diana, I know you have more if this one doesn't "make it" at my house."


When I returned back home our Aussies kept me busy for a bit until they had all their needs taken care off.  After I washed up it was time to pull out my recipes to get to the Christmas ones I will be doing this Year.  I threw a CD of tunes in my laptop to listen to while I busied myself making Short Bread Cookies for ....

"My "Crabby Cabbie's" gals who had gifted him an awesome Bottle of Liquor the other day.  Yes this is all it takes to make Shortbread cookies, Flour, Icing Sugar, Cornstarch and Butter (or Margarine)."


"At least 30 Snowflake, Star and Bear Shortbread cookies later .... "


Recipe Please?  PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.

Once the Shortbread Cookies were done it was back outside with the Aussies, then back in the kitchen again to throw together a Lasagna for our Dinner tonight.  I did not have any spaghetti sauce thawed from the freezer, or any store bought (yech), so I whipped up my own concoction today.

"From beginning to almost finish.  Just waiting the last layer of shredded Mozzarella to be spread over top."


"An hour later there was a really good Lasagna dinner ready for when my "Crabby Cabbie" walked through the door.  How do I know it was good, other then my own opinion?  well it is just so happened he told me how "wicked" good it was himself !"


Recipe please?  PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.

Dinner all done and cleaned up from with all four "Checkerboard Aussies" taken care of for the rest of the night, I can almost call it a night myself, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Friends indeed are to be celebrated. - Irma. P.S. your lasagna looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cindy, I am so sorry to hear of John's passing, I too am sending thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the other hand, every time I read your blog, you just make me so hungry!! :)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...