Thursday 20 December 2012

Baby It's Cold Out There


I can't believe it (I am sure I say this every Year), , there are only 5 days until Christmas !!!  I best get my act in gear.  I actually made a bit of a dent in the "Get Ready For Christmas" today, but first .....

"I would like to introduce you to my "Crabby Cabbie's" newest Customer, "Josie Adele".  Is she not the sweetest little Angel?  My "Crabby Cabbie" had the pleasure of driving her home from the hospital just last week ... safe and sound.  Welcome to the World Missy Josie Adele, it was the "Crabby Cabbie's pleasure to meet you, so he told me, *smile*."


What a blessing to have such a new sweet bundle in a home just before Christmas rolls around.  Makes it just that more special in remembering the Baby Jesus, now wouldn't it?

Are you on Facebook?  My "Crabby Cabbie" would LOVE if you dropped on in at his Page to give him a big old "LIKE", by *clicking* HERE to go do so.  Live in Saugeen Shores or surrounding areas? better yet give him a call or spread the word for those who need a Cab, as between you and me, he really isn't all that "crabby" ... *smile*.

My Crabby Cabbie brought me home a surprise he had picked up down Saugeen Shores way for me Yesterday.

"Would you look at this "sweet" gift my friend sent home for me.  A bottle of Blueberry Wine (how did she know I love blueberries?), a Jar of Homemade Red Jelly Pepper and a Handmade Card.  Very special and thoughtful.  Thanks Tracey !"


"Of course I could not let such a wonderful act of kindness go.   I had to acknowledge back with a couple of my own Homemade Goodies packed up in a Santa Clause box.  A few sweets to make a sweet person even that more sweeter."


I actually had a pretty sound sleep last night, not awaking until just before 5:00 am.  I had my cup(s) of Java, got caught up with everything on my lap top then proceeded to get down to business.  Amazing how a good nights sleep can benefit a person, is it not?

Instead of getting overwhelmed from being sick for a few days, leaving me behind on so many things once again, I had a talk to myself deciding I would work on some housework, then on getting the presents sorted and wrapped.  Should I not have time or be too tired to bake any more later in the day, so be it as I have enough in the fridge without another 2 batches of Short Bread Cookies.

"I am pretty sure this is the best my Kitchen has looked since I had begun Christmas Baking this Year, so I left it by not doing any at all today.  This was all decided after I had cleaned it up this morning *smile*."


"Bandit helps me with pretty much everything, except for maybe the vacuuming as he does not care for the Vacuum Cleaner one bit.  I am really not too certain if he cared too much for the Dragon either that I was going to be wrapping up.  Um... maybe it was those flashing eyes and dragon sounds he didn't like ... Ha !"


We eventually needed a break so outside we headed.  The girls needed out anyhow, so it was a good time as any to get outside for a bit.

"It was, and still is for that matter, a freezing cold East Wind.  Some obviously are not bothered by such things .... as they trot all over doing their business. "


"However after some running at full tilt with the girls, I think it caught up with the big guy ... so much for getting any help from him the rest of the day."


"With Rob seldom home, we opted to go with the "retro" tree this Christmas.   I still love it ... great memories thinking about the job of decorating the Ceramic Tree being our Paul's in Years long past.  He loved placing all those little ornaments on the tree.  I am just as content with having this as our tree then naught this Christmas, as it hold so many wonderful memories for me."


Should my "Crabby Cabbie" be home with me right now, I really could hear myself saying to him, "Baby it's cold out there ... ".


... especially when he is not here to take the "Checkerboard Aussies" out for me for their last romp of the evening.  Well I do enjoy having a break once in awhile by having him do this for me *blush*.

In my "google" travels today I had came across a "Whipped Cherry Pineapple" Dessert.  I think I will pick up a container of whipped cream and give it a "go" this weekend.  Here is the link to it, should you care to check it out yourself.  Just *click* HERE.

Sound yummy to you? as it sure did to me.

I am off to enjoy looking at my lite up little ceramic Christmas Tree, take my pack out one more time in about an hour, then call it an early night with hoping another great night sleep ahead of me, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. hello Cindy,
    You might need to get your act together as you say but I need to get my Christmas tree up and decorated....as you say just 5 days to go. I must get it done tomorrow and the baking too...must!must!must!
    Your cabbie will notice an extra like on his FB page....highly unlikely I'll need to call a cab from where I am but u never know and anyhow some extra FB support is always helpful to get started. I do hope you are gong to be able to sit back and relax over Christmas as it seems to me your days are packed full with things to do....a little bit of sofa-ing never harmed anyone.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, think I will give the Cherry Pineapple Fluff a try for one of our Christmas dinner desserts, too. It sounds very easy and yummy. Just think about drizzling the top with chocolate or caramel sauce! Thanks for sharing it. Bess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are ready for Christmas - baking is done, kitchen is cleaned, tree is up and gifts are ready :) Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dh doesn't like cherries or blueberries, could maybe try using strawberry pie filling, as it sound super easy to do.

    Did you get a lot of snow today?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...