Here we are again, September 1st, but this time around with a "kick at the bucket" it is 2012. September means, children returning to school, summer holidays are over for another year, shorter days, Fall fast approaching, along with many more .... however this Year September will also be a Challenge to me (and my "Crabby Cabbie", I am hoping), as outlined below:
I have joined along in Carla's "Savings Challenge" for the Month of September. Since our Budget is so erratic with a "roller coaster" of income with a business of a Taxi at hand, I am hoping to at least curb some
1. Absolutely NO buying any household items, clothing, or any item pertaining to the household (getting rid of lots of items is totally acceptable);
2. Try to generate some extra money by selling some unwanted, unused items on Swap or Kijiji sites;
3. Limit my "Crabby Cabbie's" Tim Horton spending to 1/2 of what it is on a daily basis (looking good so far, as there was no Timmies coffee awaiting ME on the kitchen counter this morning);
4. Any spending done has to be on a "NEED ONLY" basis, not a "I WANT, I WANT", along with a tantrum following;
5. Groceries limited to, and not exceeding $50.00 per week, "Eating Out" not to exceed $50.0 per month, $50.00 for miscellaneous or unexpected expenses;
6. Letters, mailing material costs limited to and not to exceed $20.00 (since I have now just began Post Crossing);
7. Tracking and recording every receipt for the Month;
8 All business expenses, gas, vehicle repairs, etc are exempt from this Challenge, as well as all the usual monthly "fixed" bills and medical expenses;
9. Personal vehicle expenses/repairs also excluded as I need to get to my weekly Doctor appointment as well as pre-scheduled dates and/or appointments for the month (hoping this doesn't happen, but we all know how Murphy operates);
10. Total September Spending Allowance of $320.00.
Wish me LOTS of "luck" as I know I am going to be needing it. Should anything go wrong, it usually happens when one has "made other plans", does it not? I best be printing this September Challenge/Goal off and placing copies around the house in order to keep myself on track !
Now onto my day at hand ... that Cathy gal has been having the time of her Life on the Muskoka River, and apparently at my expense ! Now why on God's Green Earth would someone like myself disclose my personal name to such a person, is beyond me .... just because I have sided with her husband, Dave, over the way she hangs the toilet paper? she now has a beef with me? Oh my Dear Cathy, Dave and I will be ruling the "Hang the Toilet Paper This Way" World before you know it !!! Just watch us !
Ha ! Dave can call me Cindy, but you? I suppose North of Wiarton & NOT East of the Checkerboard, will do for you, dear Cathy? also here's to hoping you won't be having too many more boring drab days ahead of you.
I do LOVE the friends I have made along the way from blogging my personal journal, as well as some for their Zany humour, Miss Muskoka River Cathy! Ha!
Going forward, here is a little glimpse, or two, of the "Blue Moon" off our deck last evening ....
I had mentioned yesterday the Wiarton Optimist Club was having a Fund Raising Yard Sale to raise money for a local Basketball Court. I wanted to "show up" to lend my support, however with the September Challenge just beginning I had to leave my purse in my vehicle, just incase. Oh man, this was so difficult for me to do so, you have no idea. I felt myself having withdrawals as I eyed up all this really "good used" merchandise.
There is a surmountable amount of work that goes along with these fundraisers, including the front runners and all the "behind the scenes" people working to get it to the front end. My hat goes off to all the volunteers who give their time and energy to these events. Volunteers are the "Back Bone" of our Countries many many times over !
When I got back home Rob and I managed to have a "wee" bit of time together, and I do mean "wee". Our friend, Lisa, came by to borrow a dog crate from us. I could not let her leave without taking some Beets and Cucumbers along with her. It wasn't long after Lisa headed back home that Rob had to put on his "Crabby Cabbie" hat to head South again.
Rob was barely gone down the highway when my friend, Diane stopped on it to bring me back some baskets I had sent along with garden produce in them a week ago. We managed to have a bit of a visit.
I really think I have been a bad influence on Diane, as she was way up North of the Checkerboard to Lion's Head picking up some stuff she had purchased from a Facebook Swap I had introduced her too.
Why does nobody come to my house when I have it "spic and span" spotless?
Of course, Diane needed to use my washroom facilities, which I hadn't yet gotten around to cleaning today. *Sigh* ... thank goodness Diane reads my daily blog well knowing either how busy or fatigued I am at any given time.
Once Diane was on her way, I got to vacuuming our bedroom and tidying up a few other little areas. I had to go meet up with my "Crabby Cabbie" over at Southampton before 1:30 pm yet today. Knowing that he hadn't taken anything along with him in the way of food I got busy getting a surprise baked to take along for him.
Zucchini Pineapple Muffins
Recipe Source: allrecipes.com
Yields: 2 Dozen, more or less
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups white sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple,
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (24). The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (48).
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 4 muffin pans, or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the oil, eggs, zucchini, pineapple and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
WARNING: You will not be able to stop at one muffin !
I did deliver the muffins to my dear Rob, spending maybe 1/2 hour with him before he had to zoom off to be the great "Crabby Cabbie" he is. I actually helped him out by doing two (really easy, as it was someone I knew) calls for him before I headed back home.
Going through Hepworth I had noticed the "open" sign at With Love~Distinctive Gifts Your Heart Desires. I wanted to see if there was still a Quilt there I had eyed up in the Spring. Alas there wasn't.
I did finally make it back home again to four pretty happy Australian Shepherds and my two Guinea Pig House Guests. Once everyone was attended to I prepared two envelopes, which will hold cash for my September Budget.
Another full day almost behind me. Whatever will I do tomorrow? I will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".