Saturday 14 July 2012

Goodbye Hay 2012 & Maybe Sinus/Allergy Headaches?

"This has been the usual way my mornings have be starting this past week or so along with the "heat wave" we have been having.  Actually I do try to first have one cup of Java into me before I hit the heavy drugs."


I am pretty sure this past week the Sinus/Allergies have been worse with the hay having been stirred up when it was baled the other evening.  I am hoping this was the main cause, if so I will not have to worry about it being so after today ....

"Other then giving me sinus/allergy grief it does look very lovely all baled up sitting out in our fields."


"Just a tad after lunch time the "big" truck pulled on in our drive."


"Here to collect the Hay piled so neatly further down our lane way."


"As well as that what was in our fields."



"Is this what you would call "double fisting it" with a tractor?"


"Once the trailer was loaded, there was still room in the back of the dump on the truck to carry more."


Goodbye to the hay from our fields gone on up the Highway North of the Checkerboard, hopefully taking along with it the sinus/allergy headaches I have been suffering with the past week or so.

Last night I was awoken out of a dead sleep, something I enjoy having on occasion, to my "Crabby Cabbie" calling to see if I would meet up with him in Allenford to take over a package to Owen Sound for him.  This was just after 11:00 pm.  Up, dressed and down the highway I went by 11:30.

I remember thinking to myself how in the heck did I manage working the night shift for three years in a row driving home in the wee hours of the morn, usually not arriving home until 2 or 3 am.  I can't believe I did it through heavy fog, torrential rains and terrible snow storms at times.  I guess a girl just has to do what a girl has to do, do we not?  ... really I don't miss those nights driving home whatsoever.

I rolled back in our driveway around 12:30 am.  I must have been really tired, or the heat has just been getting too much, having had worn me out, as I didn't have the usual problem of getting myself back to sleep, not waking again until my "Crabby Cabbie" arrived home around 5 am.

Back to this day at hand ....

I did meet up with Rob later today to gas up the "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle #2.  We actually had a bit of time together parking up on Victoria Street in Southampton under a shade tree across from ....

"The Bruce County Museum.  Should you ever get a chance, I am sure this is a museum you would well enjoy touring."


"This section of the Museum is where my oldest sister, Jeanne, and my brother, Allan, went to school before the G.C. Huston Public School was built right next beside in 1953."


A bit more interesting history on my Hometown of Southampton, Ontario may be found at the following web link:

http://www.sunsets.com/community.php?page=southampton

Speaking of a little bit of history on days gone past, I wonder if my girlfriends remember this house I made a point of driving by today...

"Driving through the streets of Southampton, I had said to Rob how small everything looks now, opposed to how "big" everything used to seem when growing up?"


It is interesting when we look back to remember how we seen things through our eyes when we were children, is it not?  Everything did seem "larger then life" growing up !

When I arrived back home late this afternoon I couldn't help but look out our bedroom window to admire the colour of the Raspberry Bee balm in full bloom.  The Hummingbirds were loving the colour and its nectar as well.

"I hadn't been certain if I had captured it or not, however I was fortunate after all.  There she is right in between flowers."


"Ha !  Here was Lexus who caught a glimpse of me up on the deck taking pictures, who decided she would be very vocal at this moment about it.  LOL."


"Upon retrieving Lexus from her brief stay in the outside kennel run, I couldn't help notice how  much the Hostas at the North side front of the house have filled in so nicely despite the heat."


"I am not certain what kind of radish Rob planted but the heat of them match up to the weather we have been having !"


"Here is Bandit with toy in tow, following me up the hallway to keep me company while I do my post this day."


Will this "Heat Wave" ever end ???


Chance of a Thunderstorm?  That is been the prediction for how many days now?  Chance here, chance there .... bring on the Thunderstorms will ya ?  Preferably at night when I am sleeping with full sun and a balmy breeze throughout the day please?  Really would this be too much to ask?  LOL, more then likely not in a "perfect" World it wouldn't be.

This is all I have in me, as I think anything else I has been squeezed out of me by the heat, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. Interesting point on your 'double fisting' - The New South Wales Government WorkCover Authority actively discourages farmers and stock feed transporters from this practice, especially on uneven or soft ground, due to the number of tractor roll-over incidents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My allergies have been horrible this year. Hope yours get better now

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had two weeks of temps over 100 degrees, crazy hot. The garden has been taken over by weeds bu there is just no way I can work in that heat. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been hot here as well. Hope you feel better with your allergies. Btw, we nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out in our blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have really hot weather for the past month with hardly any rain. They actually promised us three days of rain, and we only had like half an hour of some showers on Friday, and that's it :( Our garden really needs some rain!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...