Saturday 12 May 2012

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day !

I was awake early, up early with all three of the "pack" in, out, fed and watered, with a pot of chili heated up and put in a thermos for my "Crabby Cabbie" to take along with him for his lunch/dinner at work today all before 7:00 am, with the "Crabby Cabbie" out the door by 8:00 am.  Oh yes, two loads of laundry washed and hung out on the line first thing as well.

This afternoon I managed to get our bed re-made with fresh sheets right off the clothes line, do a bit of vacuuming and spend sometime with the "pack" outside throwing a bit of ball for them, one on one.

Oh yes, I also made a trip downtown to have the retractable leash, Mercedes had chewed, fixed at the shoe repair shop.  No fault of Mercedes, since someone by the name of Rob left it on her in the truck while going into the store to leave her by herself, what else is a bored little puppy to do while left alone???  ... all turned out well, except for a little bit of ratty looking plastic, the leash was repaired for a cost of $5.00, rather then a cost of $50.00 to have it replaced.

I suppose I can say it was a pretty productive day, even though I look around thinking to myself, I could have done this or could have done that.  I think I should be thinking, "my glass is half full", leaving it at that.

My dear Rob has told me, he does not care for the healthy Mascarpone Flax Banana Nut Bread I make, so I decided today I would make him what he wants, some plain Old Fashioned Banana Bread, with a few adjustments of my own.

"Recipe split between two smaller foil pans, rather then one large 9x5 pan."


"One loaf might make it to the freezer, but then again might not."



Recipe please:


Banana Bread

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Canola oil
1 cup mashed bananas (3 small)
3/4 cup of sugar
1 3/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325* F; spray 1 - 9x5 pan or 2- 8 3/4 x 4 3/4 foil pans with non-stick spray
2. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil & bananas
3. Sift together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture, stirring in nuts. Mix well.
4. Pour into prepared pan(s), baking 1 hour or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.


The original recipe had called for Vegetable Oil and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.  I used Canola Oil and only 3/4 cup of sugar, which by the way was plenty sweet enough with the natural sugars in the banana themselves.  I did not use nuts, as Rob really doesn't care if he has nuts in banana bread or not.  In the end the recipe was less sugar and healthier then it had been with just these couple of small adjustments.

"Check out our very first indoor red tomato.  Hopefully it will be ready to try out in a couple of days."


Today was Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.  Wearing the colour "purple" today was to signify this.  I had to self photo myself ....

"I am not a purple kind of gal, however one of my BFF is; she lent me this scarf I wore from my belt loop today."


The more the word gets out there on Fibromyalgia, hopefully the more understanding there will be.

Trust, you me, it is very "real", as I feel its effects on a daily basis .... but who wants to hear about someones chronic pain every day? let me tell you, I can almost guarantee not too many, especially when they can't see it or feel it for themselves .... should you know a Family member, or a friend, co-worker, etc., who might be suffering from Fibromyalgia, please take a moment to learn a bit about it, realizing there are many levels of suffering for each person as an individual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia

Remember there is not "one bandage fits" all for chronic pain, what works for one, might very well not work for another ....

I had an appointment set up today for some people to come see the Checkerboard Aussie's "Spectacular Six" around the 5:30 pm hour.

"I am pleased to say, this little "Checkerboard Aussie" girl has gotten herself a new Forever Home as of the 15th of June, 2012."


The "flashy" colours, being all the Merle colours, are usually always first to be chosen.

There are three wonderful robust boys left to find their Forever Homes, two Black Tri's, and one Red Tri.  Best be slicking those boys ears back and sprucing them up to get them some good homes I would say !

With Rob now working pretty much beyond "full" days every Friday and Saturday, since the 1st of May, I have been rather missing him those times he is not here those days.  Shh, I best not be letting him think I am "missing" him too much, as you know how that could go quite easily to a guy's head, and I don't want his to "explode", now do I?  LOL

On a serious note, I do miss him, however this is all part and parcel when trying to get your own business up and running.  We are also finding out it is difficult to find honest, reliable people with excellent driving records to drive cab as an employee.  Ideally I thought this would be an excellent job for someone who is retired and looking to fill some of their week up with a few hours here and there?

We do have a couple of cards up our sleeve before we advertise in a local paper for such a person.  Wish us luck !

This will be yet another learning experience, with me thinking the bookkeeping end of it was all I could handle?  Boy, oh boy, I surely didn't know what I got myself into to, have I?

My "Crabby Cabbie" is making me so Dizzy ...



... my head is spinning !  Truly, some days it is ... lol.

I wonder at times what I would do if I didn't have our "Checkerboard Aussies" to entertain me and keep me busy at times... I surely would be a very lonely girl I am sure at times.

I would also like to take note of the two new people who have "joined" me here for my daily ramblings,  quirks, and at times I am sure, "outbursts" about this and that.  Thank you so much joining, as truly it does inspire me to continue to do what I do.

I have big plans for our tomorrow, meaning me and Rob (he just doesn't realize it yet), so I best be not having too late of a night this night, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Cindy, Happy Mother's DAy!! I for one, read your blog every day and look forward to hearing about the dogs and also your comings and goings. I find it's a great way to start my day.
    Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow, whatever you have planned.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...