Friday 9 September 2011

The "Crabby Cabbie" Strikes Again !

What another "whirlwind" day was that again yesterday !!! 

"It all began with the "monkey" looking on ....."


"As the morning unfolded it took us into my Hometown of Southampton..."


"Where we made our way around the bends and across the bridge...."


"....ending up in Port Elgin, on the other side of the tracks, to our appointed destination...."


With our business complete and in order, we made our way back home....

"....to where the next "adventure" of the "Crabby Cabbie" all got started."

"Now we go forth to where the next "Crabby Cabbie" adventure continues on.....as he invades my very own  Hometown of Southampton."


Rob and I are "tickled pink" that he will now be freelancing a shift from "Southampton Taxi", owned and operated by Dave McNabb, which was just made "official" yesterday !

*Sigh* and a big sigh that one was.  I am not only excited for my very own "Crabby Cabbie", however to be quite honest, I am a little bit nervous as well, since I find it a little bit scary stepping out in "faith" with arms straight out trying take hold of  our "dream".  Keeping in mind, dreams take a lot of commitment and hard work to make into a "reality", I am sure it will be a little "bumpy" here and there, hoping "little" is a keyword in this new "adventure".

What a process it was to get to this day !  We had started playing with this idea months ago, but by the time we put the idea into motion it took us that long to get it up and running.

Rob and I first made a purchase of a van for the business, Dave had to first approach Saugeen Shores (Southampton/Port Elgin) to check if they would even entertain licensing Rob as a freelance "Taxi Broker" in the first place, then there was RCMP report and Driver's abstract to be ordered, a Business/ HST number to be gotten, Business account to be set up with the Bank (still working on that one), and the most difficult and expensive part was gaining Insurance Coverage for a Taxi.  We still have to figure out the bookkeeping and accountant end of things, which I still don't have a clue about such matters....?

Between key people being on Summer holidays, trying to obtain paperwork from previous employers, even right down to the part of picking other people's brains that have or had their own businesses, I found it to  be all quite exhausting, even to the part of trying to keep in under wraps, as Rob & I certainly didn't want to put something out there that might not have ever seen the light of day in the first place....

People were beginning to wonder and started to ask why we kept purchasing "more" vehicles.  LOL, Rob told a few of these people "because I can", "I am starting up my own car lot", and the best one "are you jealous". 

A wonderful undaunting sense of humor my "Crabby Cabbie" has....lol.  And don't be intimidated by the "Crabby", as he really isn't all that crabby at all (most times, lol).

Regardless, it is now, so to speak, "out from under wraps", and the next "Crabby Cabbie" adventure is now official ! 

All the very best to my "Crabby Cabbie", as we all know behind every good "Crabby Cabbie" man, there is even a better "Mrs. Crabby Cabbie" woman .....

This has been one year packed full of "incidents" and "adventures" that is forsure, and the year is not over yet !  I am thinking the term "boredom" has yet to come into one of my daily blogs?

At the end of my September 7th "blog" entry, I had asked if anyone reading my "blog" would contact me, as I am very interested on where people are from, that do "read" my blog.  You can imagine how excited I was when I went into my justnorthofwiarton@live.ca email account that very day to find I did have one response ! 

Thank you, Bess from Billerica, MA, you most certainly made my day !!!  Bess told me a little information about her family, as well as how she has been reading my "blog" since the time I made the entry about my sister, Jeanne, experiencing a stroke.

Bess, I am an totally thrilled to report that I just heard yesterday that my sister, Jeanne, has been accepted at the Miller Rehab Centre in St. John's, Nfld., and will be going there to be assisted with her recovery, which I am confident will be a less recovery time once she has their "qualifying skills", in such matters, assisting her.

I might add, any thoughts and prayers for my sister and our family, could not have been more appreciated, and continuing prayers for her full recovery will be further appreciated.

I certainly had good intentions on tackling that bushel of tomatoes yesterday, but by the time we got back home and had to make still "more" businesslike phone calls, it was time for supper, Bandit & Lexus time, and even managing to make up our bed fresh, and hang a load of laundry out on the line.  Between not much sleep and aching muscles, it wasn't long before I crawled into our bed just around the 9:00 p.m. hour.

Onto the day at hand and the Wiarton Airport's weather forecast:

Today:

Mainly sunny. High 24. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight:

Clearing late this evening. Low 13.



This weather forecast is certainly pleasing to my eye, as I started a load of laundry to washing at 5:30 a.m., and need to get it hanging out on the clothes line.  I am also off to get my weekly shot in the arm from my Doc, then also to meet up with Dorothy Embacher, VON's SMART Program coordinator, today to sign up for the volunteer program with them.

*Sigh* and "big breath", as I go off and running, once again, into my day at hand, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".






No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...