Monday 25 July 2011

Rip Tail Snorter Number One Is Now Gone From The Building !

Not sure how well the grammar and spelling is going to go this morning, as I am so tired from being awake since before 2:00 a.m., my eyeballs are having a problem adjusting and the cobwebs have, once again, wrapped themselves around my brain.  Here goes the gibber jabber....

The great outdoors Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard experienced a "kiss" of rain early last evening, but with only a show of lightning throughout the night.  Still this morning, the grass and it's surroundings I am sure are sighing their relief at what was proportioned out to them, and if I listened closely enough I am sure I could hear it drinking up the moisture.

What a day was had by us yesterday from depositing the Rip Tail Snorter Number One, Aiden, back off with his Mother and the Rip Tail Snorter Number Two, his brother Connor, until punching the hole of our Explore the Bruce Passport at Stop No. 3.

Thank goodness for my little digital Fujifilm camera, as here I go.......

"Off to a good start with the Rip Tail Snorter locked in and ready to start out be returned to his rightful owners, "The Family"."



"Headed further south on Hwy. 6, with a look of "here we go again", from the "Crabby Cabbie's Mascot" that my niece, Joanne, had purchased for him."




"We pass by fields with bales of hay ready to be taken in......"




"....until we come to our first "pit stop" where we fuel the Rip Tail Snorter with food and energy."





"He is looking totally fueled and refreshed to continue on....."




"As we continue on towards his awaiting family, we pass the rolling fields and dales."




"Alas, we finally make it to our final destination where eye contact is made with the Rip Tail Snorter Number Two......"



"The family reunited and packing up to take home what is rightfully theirs....."




"Locked in and ready to head out, our job of Grandma and Poppa is complete, until a future return of the Rip Tail Snorter or Snorters......."




After our deposit of Aiden to his family, and lots of kisses and hugs between myself and Connor, we made our way back to Wiarton where we stopped in to have a quick chat with our friend, and his dog, River.




He was telling us they had some young boys out fishing the day before, and had caught a few perch.  I was kind of wondering what his cat was upto as I was standing there.....


"Ummm, do you think I am invisible and nobody can see me?"




"Let's see, one, two, three...........four perch !!!"




This picture was a little fuzzy, but I think I was laughing at the cat as I was taking the picture.

Once we got back home to "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard", we attended to what needed attending to and took our leave for some "Rob & Cindy" time.

"Off we went into the coolness of the breeze as we parted our way up the roads to our new destination and our first rest stop."



"We had made our way to the other side Georgian Bay, to the Village of Leith."




"Here we also found a Scottish Church nestled in the front of a cemetary on the way into Leith."




"As Rob found out, the pump is in good running order, but was not the tastiess water he has ever had."




"Inside we go to the foyer of the Church......"




"Past the foyer and into the main Church."





The lady that was in attendance at this Church, explained to us the pews had doors on them, as way back in the day, the Scotsman took their dogs to Church with them, so this keep them from going out into the isles.  I hope they were all of a common and gentle breed, as I am sure there could have been some disagreement over top of the pews......lol.

She also explained the Church is only open on Sundays, however does support three concerts a year.  The fist website link will direct you to the "Leith Church", and the second will provide all necessary information with regards to their "Summer Festival":

http://www.leithchurch.ca/

http://www.leithfestival.ca/

Another interesting piece of History this lady also informed us of was that Tom Thompson, the famous painter, was raised and buried in Leith.




It is amazing what one can find out when they go off the beaten track on a beautiful summer day.  For those of us who are not familiar with the life and story behind Tom Thompson, you made read about it at the following link as well:


We took our leave of Tom Thomson's graveside and the Village of Leith, to travel back through Owen Sound and up the other side of Georgian Bay on the scenic route towards home.  We did manage to find some really good deals on our way there though.....with a few rest stops here and there.

"Good thing we had some bungie cords packed in the bike, as they sure came in handy."





Once back home to unload our "treasures", we headed up the back way to end up at the Pike Bay, at the "By The Bay" Store where we punched our "Explore the Bruce Passport", and actually had a bite to eat.  Great place to stop into to if you are out touring around, being my first time there I would highly recommend it to be a "rest stop".  Rob used to deliver ice to the owner, Brad, there and always enjoyed delivering to this store.

Need the know how to get there?  follow this link:

http://www.bythebay.on.ca/

Phew, I am more tired then when I first started out doing this mornings "blog"; I must have been all the reliving our day as I have been typing....lol.

We finally made it home for the last time this day to set ourselves down, but not until there was some play time with the Bandit boy, and the Lexus girl, before we settled ourselves in for the night.  Now I really thought after having such a "big" day I would have slept like a log, with no such luck.  Oh well, I will just have to be more tired for bedtime when this evening rolls around.

Since that wasn't more then a "spit" of rain we recieved last night, I will check out if there will be another spit or two arriving today.

Today:

Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this morning with risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late this afternoon. High 25. UV index 7 or high.

Tonight:

Clear. Increasing cloudiness near midnight with 60 percent chance of showers overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 17.


Yeppers, there is is, a 40 percent chance of more spit this morning and the possibility of another lightning show.

The house is silent with Aiden now gone back home, and Rob gone back to work this morning.  Bandit and Lexus have already had a morning jaunt, with breakfast served right after, so they too are both content at the moment.

I suppose I will go into my kitchen and make myself that second cup of Java, so I can spend a few leisurely moments to myself while I collect my thoughts as to what I shall plan to get done in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

2 comments:

  1. Should anyone have problems leaving a comment, try to do so as your profile being anonymous; this should work, just sign your name, lol. Hope anyone and everyone enjoyed today's tour.

    Posted by: Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard (anonymously).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again Cindy I am tired just reading your blog. I think you must have been super overtired and this did not help with your sleeping. glad your boy had a good time. Take care.
    your bestest Heathen friend

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...