Sunday 17 July 2011

Rip Tail Snorter Number One Is Arriving Today ! Hooray !!!

I am so terribly excited, that I have butterflies in my tummy.  Our Number One Rip tail snorter, Aiden James is arriving today for a "whole" week with us.  *Sigh* I so look forward to his visits, as his being here is so therapeutic, not to mention he keeps Rob and I on our toes.

"Here he is posing for Grandma last Spring Break."


Bandit and Aiden are the best of friends.  If you are looking for one, you are always sure to find the other.  I have a difficult time getting some "natural" pictures of the two of them, as they both love their picture being taken and both pose every time !

I am certainly glad Art came Friday to cut the hay field, as a couple of years ago both Aiden and Bandit were missing in action.  It was quiet a few minutes of calling before the hay started parting, and out came the two of them !!!  Boy Oh Boy, did they both get a "blast" from Poppa. 

I have a busy week ahead planned, as I have enrolled Aiden in a Bible Vacation School with the local Baptist Church, which runs every day from 9 am until 12 pm.  After lunch there will be trips over to Berford Lake for a swim and some Sandcastle creations, or heavy duty moving of sand.  Maybe we could "sneak" over to Elliot's Garden Centre for the "odd" ice cream cone for a treat.  Then of course, there will be our daily walks, as Aiden, Bandit and Lexus all love to walk.  It will definitely be busy a busy week, I am almost certain of that.

Wow, yesterday was another "hot" summer day.  We, once again, took to the bike and went up to the Ferndale Garden Centre, were we purchased some oxygen plants for the pond, and some annuals for some new containers, and old ones where the plants needed replacing.  I don't know why I buy pansies every Spring, as when they grow they get too spindly and do not take to extreme heat too kindly either.  I had to re-pot three containers.

"Two basket containers planted with a little hardier annual and relocated to the North side of the house."


Rob had repainted an old outdoor plastic plant stand and chair in this deep blue.  They now both stand out so nicely on the white deck at the front of the house.  Good colour choice, Rob !  Thank you.


"Pansies removed from this basket and re-planted with a Portulaca, much more heat resistant."




It is so nice and peaceful out and about after 6 a.m. in the morning.  The flowers just reopening for the day ahead, and not yet wilted by a hot sun.

"Yucca plants...."



"Japanese Bell Flower."



"Three different varieties of Lilies."




"Oops...this isn't a Lily....but a Coneflower."




It is so cool to have the first round of Spring flowers bloom, then onto the next round as the months slip by into Fall, where the Monkshood are almost the last to bloom.  Something always from the first of Spring right into the end of Fall.  I "love" it !!!

I have a load of laundry in the washing machine, and I am sure the weather will be "more" then fine to hang it out today.

Humidex advisory in effect.

Today:

Sunny. High 32 except 27 near Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. UV index 10 or very high.

 

Tonight:

Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of showers late this evening and after midnight. A few showers beginning after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 20.



Wow humidity is to be 80 percent today, so I hope my laundry will dry out on the line.  Phew....best be in a cool place today !

I had best be getting done what needs to be gotten done before I am unable to get it done, as it just might end up being a "sweat box"  in our home before long, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...