Friday 8 July 2011

A Little Bartering Going On With Payment Being a Bucket of Chicken !

Another busy day here yesterday, but hardly a dent in what I had planned in my head that needed to be accomplished.  I think I am coming to a realization, not without a fight, that my body can no longer keep up with what my mind wants done.  Actually I have realized, but still have days of denial.....LOL.

I had Rob pull out a couple of our bedroom dressers yesterday, so I could vacuum the layers of dust that had accumulated behind and under them in the past couple of months.  That was a job well done !  I am sure a sucked up a few billion or so dust mites in the process.

Other then a trip downtown to the Post Office and the Bank, not too much more then the cleanning of our bedroom got done around here yesterday.  *Sigh*.....so much for that "list" in my head.

Rob was a busy guy though on his day off.  I went outside to take some pictures of the new blooms on our one Clematis to find this going on.....

"Rob appearing to do some work on Uncle Basil's car, but notice the little smirk on his face."



"Rob had just finished telling me that I wasn't out there to take pictures of the flowers, but really to take pictures of him to prove he was actually "working" on something at home."


"Ha,ha,ha....now why would I not think my Rob wouldn't actually be working at home, especially when there really were new flowers on the one Clematis vine."


Oh my dear husband, yea of little faith in thee wife.......LOL.  Acutally I did try to capture a picture of him hard at it......but alas I had been "caught"!

Thank goodness for the barter system.  Uncle Basil had some cosmetic surgery needing done in his little puddle jumper of a car, but he also has a Kentucky Fried Chicken less then a block from their house.  Well, Rob loves KFC, and does know how to do a little cosmetic work on vehicles.....get the picture?

"Mission accomplished and payment received."



"Notice who has the "bucket" of chicken is sitting beside them?"


"....and I can't imagine where he possibly found the room to have an ice cream treat for dessert!"


The truth is now out, my husband can be had for a "Bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken" !  LOL

I am feeling pretty tired this morning, as I had yet another date with Mr. Insomina in the wee hours of the morning.  It wouldn't be so bad really, but not to be paid for a Graveyard shift, or even a shift bonus for that matter, really "sucks".  Maybe I can get myself to have a rest later after I have accomplished getting a little more of that list in my head done today.

I am pretty sure the weather will be nice today, even though it feels a little cool out there right now.

Today:

Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers early this morning. Clearing near noon. High 27. UV index 9 or very high.

Tonight:

Clear. Low 15.


It appears it is going to be alright for the start of the Wiarton's  2nd Annual  Freeze Fest kick-off today:

http://www.wiartonecho.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3200172

I am hoping the "Crabby Cabbie" is off tomorrow so we are able to at least attend the Car / Motorcycle part of it starting then at 4:00 p.m..  It would be nice to get off the acreage and go into town to socialize with the locals for a few hours.  I suppose if he is working, I could mossey on down there myself, as I am sure I would run into someone I would know.

In the meantime, I need to get myself that second cup of Java to give me another much needed kickstart into my day ahead, ``Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.``

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...