Friday 1 July 2011

"Happy Canada Day" July 1st, 2011 !

There will be "fireworks" rolling across Bruce County's skies tonight, as well as mostly every other Ontario small town, village or City.  Explore the Bruce has posted a list of where and when fireworks will be tonight in and around Bruce County at the following link:

http://www.explorethebruce.com/canada_day_july_2011_bruce-county_towns.php

Even though we are about 4 km away from Bluewater Park in Wiarton, we can still see the fireworks from our place !  Nice not having to fight the crowds or the traffic for that "special" firework watching spot.

I suppose another huge factor about Canada Day Fireworks is the weather.  Okay Wiarton Airport it is all in your hands now.....


Today:


Sunny. High 26. UV index 9 or very high


Tonight:


Clear. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Low 18.


.....looking pretty good for the day and evening ahead Wiarton Airport, keep that up for the whole weekend, as you could be on a roll......LOL.

For those of us who are not familar with the how Canada Day (Dominion Day) came to be, you can read all about that at the following website link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Day

Just a mini tour into a bit of Canadian History, that I even need to be reminded about from time to time, since we tend to loose ourselves in the celebrations and forget how they came to be.

In celebration of Canada Day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard, I would like to present an update on some of the "Magnificent Seven" !

"Remember this little Black Tri Male, one of the Last Two Available?"



I haven't received any recent pictures of him yet, but this is what the family he adopted had to say about him:

Hi Cindy, Hope this email finds you and family well! Puppy is a complete ham and fits in real well here. The kids treat him like a baby and he is the most spoiled dog ever! He has gotten so big and already knows how to sit, stay, lie down, shake a paw. We are amazed how smart he is. I can't wait to see how big he is going to get. We take him to the vet Thursday for a check up. Anyway hope you guys have a great weekend! Thanks again. Melissa
            Travis
            Josh
            Kenzie
            Griffin

His new family has named him "Magoo"; most appropriate I am sure by the sounds of things with him being a "ham" & such, I am sure.

"Remember this little darling, the only Red Merle female, and the first of the "Seven" to be sold?"



"Here she is being having the royal "salon" treatment by the looks of it."


"The end results were so worth it all !"


Ha,ha,ha....maybe I have the pictures reversed and it should have been the other way around, regardless what a "beauty" "Scout" is turning out to be.....apparently just as smart as the boys too!

And who could possibly forget the "One & Only"?


"Buddy" has made quite the find with his new adopted family.

"He has his own chickens.  However he is looking a little pooped in this picture, must have been a full day of herding for "Buddy."


"....and his very own Pot-bellied Pig.  Can you imagine that lucky dog!"


I do have a picture of Buddy and his boy, Jack, which was emailed to me as well, but I am still trying to figure out how to unzip and locate here.....lol.  So, once again, stay tuned there might be another picture coming someday down the road.,

There was also this little chubby female Red Tricolour:


I spoke to her adopted family, however still awaiting an update and pictures by email, however it is reported "Laila" is way too smart and has doubled her size!  I can't wait to hear more about her and see some pictures.

Other then "Boston", who we seen new pictures of a couple of weeks ago, these are the only puppies from the "Magnificent Seven" that I have contact with, and I must say I am quite tickled pink about that!

I have a very busy morning ahead of me, as I have my niece, Joanne, and her friend, Russ, arriving for a couple of days visit with us.  Since the "Crabby Cabbie" has to work all weekend, I am very glad of the company.  It will also give me someone to go Garage Sailing with tomorrow, as there is all kinds of Garage Sales posted in and about Wiarton....whoohoo !!!

I managed to get an Apple Pie made last night after supper, so that takes a little pressure off this morning, lol.

This is my Paternal Grandmother's recipe from the Masterson Reunion Cookbook 2005:

Rhubarb or Apple Pie

2 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 heaping Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. butter
3 cups of rhubarb or apple

Mix the first 5 ingredients together; add rhubarb or apples, and mix. Pour into a prepared 9 " deep-dish pie plate.

Bake in a pre-heated 400* F oven for 15 minutes, then at 350* F for another 30-40 minutes.

First time I have made this pie.

"We haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks good."



Since I used frozen apples that I had thawed, I used more then the recommended 3 cups.  Will let you know how my brand new Guinea Piggies, Joanne & Russ, like it, as well as my most favorite Guinea Piggie, Rob.

I have yet to get the Hearty Cheese Tortellini ready for the Slow Cooker.....

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Hearty-Cheese-Tortellini/Print

.....as well as make up a double batch of Muffin Mania's Bestever Banana Muffins:

Best Ever Banana Muffins (Muffin Mania Book)
2 c. mashed bananas (4-5 med.)
3/4 c. white sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. melted butter or margarine
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour

Mash bananas. Add sugar and slightly beaten egg; Add melted butter. Add the dry ingredients; Fill greased muffin cups and bake at 375 * F for 20 minutes.

*Yields - 9 large muffins


There is is a "Blog" well done for the day !  Now I must be, once again, off and running, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...