Sunday 3 July 2011

Garage Sailed Out & Then Some !!!!

Thank you, Wiarton Airport Weatherman, for being "Wrong", as I really enjoyed being out and about yesterday garage sailing with Joanne & Russ !!!  Since Rob, my most favorite "Crabby Cabbie", was working, I had to check in on the "Chicks" to make sure they had enough food and water before we left.

"Here is Russ trying to "hone in" on Rob's "chicks" !  Oh man, wait until Rob finds out !  LOL !``



``Our very first garage sale stop, and here is Russ timing out on us girls already!``




``Second stop and he is finally getting the `hang` of hanging out with us girls``




``We made it back home, and I can`t believe we had Russ jammed into this back seat !``




``I suppose better then being jammed into the trunk with our other found treasures.``




``While I was making our lunch, Rob just happened to capture a picture of a Tree Frog.  How amazing.....``


``He is so tiny and cute for to have such a `shrill` sound.``


``After lunch we did the `downtown` tour, and I my usual socializing.``



``We all had an awesome supper of Burgers & Potato Salad.  Rob was totally amazed that Russ could eat four, that is 4, burgers and two (2) big helpings of potato salad "




''....and so our day ends, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.``




What a wonderful weekend was had by, I am sure, all of us.  I still have a full day ahead, after Joanne, Russ and Pixi take there leave after a brunch of Overnight Baked French Toast.

12 slices firm white bread pinch salt
6 large eggs 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups milk 4 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1.Arrange bread slices in four stacks in 8inch square baking dish.
2.in blender combine eggs,milk,vanilla,cinnamon,nutmeg, and salt and blend until mixture is smooth. Slowly pour egg mixture over bread slices; press bread down to absorb egg mixture, spooning egg mixture over any uncoated bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3.Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, stir brown sugar,butter,and maple syrup until combined. Spread evenly over each stack of bread. bake until knife inserted 1 inch from centre comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Let stand 15 minutes before serving.  Garnish with a sprinkling of icing sugar and fresh or frozen berries.


``The main brunch entree`.....``




``....followed by dessert freshly made this morning at 7:00 a.m..``



Oops almost forgot to check what the Wiarton Weatherman is bringing to Bruce County this morning.....

Today:

Sunny. High 23. UV index 9 or very high.

Tonight:

Clear. Low 14.


I think I will be enjoying my day ahead by the looks of this weather report, ``Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.``

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...