Thursday 7 July 2011

Allergies Are Real And Mosquito Bites Are Just Nasty

Yesterday was my two year retesting for allergies at the Barrie Allergy Clinic, in Barrie, Ontario; a two and a half drive from home for Rob and I.  It wouldn't have been so bad but poor Rob, aka "Crabby Cabbie" hadn't gotten home until around 1:00 a.m., and either of us had more then a couple of hours sleep.  However, we survived and here I am telling the story.....lol.

My appointment with Dr. Greg Sims went well.  The weekly allergy shots have made an improvement on my immune system and the serum strength has been decreased.  It appears my allergies to dogs and cats has disappeared, only to be replaced with cattle hair and mosquito bites (with a few others remaining)!  How does this happen?  My dogs have been segregated to the basement, and my cat was given away.....okay, I know there is some reasoning to all of this, and I just haven't figured it out yet? 

On the bright side of coin, my cat, Lizzie, has a beautiful home in New Dundee with two of my bestest friends, Bob and Tim.  Bandit and Lexus are much cooler in the basement in the summer, and the hair shedding is contained to this one part of the house.  Now if I only could get the dust mites and mosquitoes under control...don't think that is going to be happening too soon.  Alas I am doomed......lol.

It was unbelievable that my son, Paul, was actually working in Barrie the same time I had my scheduled appointment.  What were the chances of that happening???  It was so nice Rob and I were able to give him his Birthday Wishes in person, and take him up to a Tim Horton's for a Iced Coffee.

"Lots of new construction going on at the Barrie Hospital."


"Here comes my boy....."


"Looking happy to be seeing Mom and Pops....lol."



"Up close and personal with the Birthday Boy."



It was a long day by the time we arrived back home just after 3:00 p.m..  Bandit and Lexus were certainly happy to see us.

After a couple of hours of trying to get a bit of rest, we headed down on our Motorcycle to Wiarton's Bluewater Park to hookup with some friends at the weekly "Cruise Night".  With Rob either being so busy, or the weather not cooperating, it was only our third time out on the bike this year !

Mark your calendars if you are in the Wiarton area this weekend, as it is their 2nd annual "Freeze Fest".  Lots of stuff going on downtown and about town, so check out the Event Calendar at the following link:

http://www.wiartonecho.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3200172

Rob and I attended the Main Street Stock Car show last year.  Lots of cool cars were in attendance to check out.

On to the daily Wiarton Airport's weather forecast:


Today:


Sunny. High 24. UV index 9 or very high.


Tonight:


Partly cloudy. Low 15.


Looking good for Rob's day off....shh, he is still catching up on some much needed sleep after working 7 straight days and nights, then driving me to Barrie and back.  You are a good man, most days, my dear.....lol.

There is lots for me to catch up on today inside our home....there are some days I just feel it takes me twice the time or more to complete something that used to take me half the time or less.  *Sigh* I suppose if I am going to sit here and complain about it, it will be the rest of the day, then there really will be nothing accomplished.

I had best put a cork in it, and get on with my day at hand, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...