Monday, 27 June 2011

What A Whirlwind Ending To a Rip-Tail Snorter Weekend!

The three rip-tail snorters took their leave for home around 6:00 p.m. yesterday, after a full day.....some fun and some not so fun, but with all ending well.

After breakfast, Paul, Aiden, Connor and I got ourselves all ready to go over to Roth's Park (lol, no relation by the way) private beach for a little fun in the sun.

"Some serious transporting of water going on here."

"These big dump trucks have done some pretty heavy duty work over the years, I would think."

"Lot of treasures were found to take home for Show & Tell at school."

"More serious hard work being accomplished."

Once we had arrived at the beach, Paul was having an allergic reaction to something, with hives breaking out and nose running.  I told him to go back home where I had some antihistamines. 

After maybe an hour had passed by, Rob showed up to collect us, as by the time Paul had gotten home, his body was swelling and throat closing, so Rob had rushed him down to the hospital.  We collected Aiden and Connor to go back home, where I left them with Rob to get down to the hospital to see my Paul. 

Yes there he was in Emergency, hooked up to IV and a monitor.  He had been given an epi-pen, as well as Benedryl to take away the hives and settle the reaction.  Once I made sure he was stable I headed back home to be with the boys. 

I certainly had no need to be concerned with the boys.  Poppa Rob had it all under control, as there they were having a lunch of chicken, potatoes and hard boiled eggs.  Wow, I was impressed !!!  After making sure they, as well as everything else, was cleaned up, I went back to the Hospital to be with Paul.

Upon my return, they had moved Paul from the Trauma room to another bed.  Apparently after they had moved him, he had another break-out and the Doctor had to give him Prednisone to get it under control.  Finally Paul's colour returned to normal after about 5 hours, and he was released.

We got him back home with him thinking about having to pack and feed the boys before they went back home.....well Poppa came through once again, as they were all at the dining room table have a supper of Kraft Dinner.  All the toys had been cleaned up, and earlier I had already packed up all the clothes and whatnot.

After dinner Paul got all their stuff collected to ready themselves for their trip back home.

"Poppa Rob couldn't have been, once again, more helpful by getting Connor buckled in as fast as he could.  LOL."

They all arrived safe and sound at home when I received their phone call at about 7:00 p.m., last night.

What a "whirlwind" ending to a Rip-Tail Snorter Weekend !!!

After a light supper of a bagel and cream cheese, and a warm shower, it wasn't long until my head hit the pillow and let me tell you, about "what a sleep" I had last night.  I think I was beyond tired with all the weekend action we had going on around here, and instantly passed right out!

Upon waking this morning at 5:00 a.m., I noticed we had a little visitor at our pond.

"By the looks of this "look", I believe I had been spotted."

Just another neighbour dropping by for a drink of something wet and cool.  LOL.

I most certainly have lots to do today dealing with the aftermath left over by my three Rip-tail Snorters, but that is alright, as I enjoyed every minute they were here with us, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...