Thursday 12 May 2011

Friday the 13th Plans Probably "Quelched" By Wiarton Airport's Weather Forecast !

Wiarton Airport came through yesterday with their weather predication of a Sunny day.  It was a very beautiful day, even though I only managed to get out into it a couple of times to the laundry line and to take puppy pictures of the "Terrific Two" after supper.


Hurry up....if we "boot it" they won't be able to catch up with us:


Okay, where did he get to now?


Oops, I have been "caught".....


Ha,ha,ha.....I sure wouldn't want to have had all "seven" running around out and about, as it was enough just keeping track of these two !

Since a Hummingbird was almost right in my face last Saturday, I have put up a feeder for them.  Even though I have only seen the one, there must be more about, as the food in the feeder has been going down at a steady pace.  A lady at the local Flower Centre was telling me how you can track their return on an online website.  I found the website !!!!  .....and sure enough you can track their arrival back into Canada:

http://www.ontariohummingbirds.ca/migrationrange_maps.php

I just had to go into the body of this website and click on "Spring 2011 Ruby-throated Hummingbird Sightings Map", and there it was, their route all layed out for me.  For the life of me, I don't know how people figure out how to do things, but sometimes they do a "great" job doing so.

Oh before my fingers get moving along too fast on this keyboard, I must not forget to mention Rob bought me a "new" keyboard, as he could not figure out which key was which, since the letters were mostly all worn off.  Another out with the "OLD" and in with the ``NEW`purchase at our house:

Bye-bye Old Keyboard.....


hello New Keyboard.......


Thanks, Rob, not only can you now see the `letters`I am really enjoying this `new`keyboard as well....with my fingers just a `flying`across it.  Ummmm, wonder how long the letters will stay on these keys.....LOL.

Supper last night was my first every effort at making ``Stuffed Butterfly Pork chops``.  I must admit I think I did a pretty good job, if I say so myself:

Dressing ready to stuff the Chops:



Chops stuffed and ready for the grill:


Stuffed Chops hot off the grill and ready to be plated:


Plated and all ready to enjoy:


Stuffed pork chops served alongside sliced tomatoes, boiled potatoes, and a quick & easy coleslaw creation of mine.  Rob rated this meal a 9 Star out of 10, since he is not yet used to the heat adjustment on the new Barbecue, he thought they could have been cooked on a lower heat.  I have faith my Man will have it all figured out in no time at all......

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th 2011 .....  one of my most favorite days of the year.  Stokes Bay General Store (just North of the Checkerboard) is holding its 2nd Annual Friday the 13th event.  I certainly hope the forecast for tomorrow is wrong for Bob & Chris for all the work they have put into this event.  Shine up that motorcycle or Classic Car for this North of the Checkerboard event:

http://www.stokesbaygeneralstore.ca/

I have my fingers crossed....but sorry, if it is raining Rob and I are not diehards and will not be attending in body, however we will be there in spirit.

Let me see what Wiarton Airport has to say about the weather for today:

Today:

A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of showers late this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming south 20 km/h this afternoon. High 22. UV index 8 or very high.

Tonight:

Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 11.


Yep, just as I suspected....there is that little four letter word again ...... rain, rain, rain.

Places to be and people to see....I must be off and running, Just North of the Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard !

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...