Friday 27 May 2011

Dogs Dining Out? Much Better Manners Then Some People I Know !

What an absolute nasty weather day was that yesterday?  It poured rain here the whole day through, and then some.  It was so totally damp, I had to "fire" up the woodstove, so Rob and I could move our bones again.

I have just arrived back in the house after having Bandit, Lexus and the "One & Only" out for their morning romp.  No rain so far, however only a temp of 7 Celsius with brisk Northeast wind making it even colder....and the Wiarton Ai\rport man says:

Today:

Cloudy. 30 percent chance of drizzle this afternoon. High 15. UV index 5 or moderate.

Tonight:

Cloudy with 30 percent chance of drizzle. Low 12.


That word "rain" isn't in the equation !  What's up with the "drizzle" though?  It will get better, it will get better, it WILL get better.....keep the faith Cindy, it will get better.  LOL

I really dislike the chores of cleaning out my fridge and cleaning Rob's bathroom.  Since I was already in a "not liking the weather" kind of mood yesterday, I thought "what the heck", by tackling these two other "dislikes". 

*Sigh*.  I tackled the fridge first, one shelf at a time not to overwhelm myself.  I am quite proud to say there was no new batches of penicillin growing anywhere in there, just a couple of questionable looking vegetables at the bottom of the crisper.  I did feel better once it was all cleaned out..  I even had to open the door a couple of times to pride myself on what a great job I had done....there's that wonderful feeling of accomplishment again, lol.

Like the brave little soldier that I am, I marched right on down to the bowels of our basement to tackle "Rob's bathroom".  Pretty pretty scary, let me tell the World.  Since I haven't done any "Spring" cleaning in Rob's sections of the house yet, I decided it was a good day to start.

We use the walk-in shower as a closet to store some of those household necessities like toilet paper (big necessity), Kleenex and paper towels.  After removing these items, with vacuum cleaner in hand the first to go were all those nasty little spiders and their webs.  Next task at hand was with a bucket of hot soapy water to wipe down the walls and floor of the shower.

That was that....nothing more done, as I was done myself......my body could do no more.  There is more days ahead, and a door on Rob's bathroom that can be closed.  In the meantime I can reach into a clean shower stall to get out the necessity I might need at the time, without my hand going through a maze of spiders and webs.  LOL

I emailed my friend, Vicki, to ask her the "scoop" on the Natural Bug Repellent she had purchased for herself and their two miniature Dachshunds, since they had went home from the holiday weekend without a single black fly bite (Vicki is very allergic to black fly bites, I might add).

The "scoop" is a natural repellent called "Happy Camper Outdoor Lotion", made, believe it or not, almost in our own backyard of Barrie, Ontario.  Vicki had purchased her bottle of lotion for the price of $15.99 (not sure the size), at the local Natural Choice store in Fergus, Ontario, however the website for them is:

www.hempola.com

Wisebread also has "4 Cheap and Easy Homemade Mosquito Repellents" listed on their site:

http://www.wisebread.com/4-cheap-and-easy-homemade-mosquito-repellents

Not sure how any of these repellents work, but if they are "cheap" enough to make, what is there to loose on trying one or two out?

I can't believe with all this spider and bug "chatter", I am actually sitting here feeling pretty itchy!

Now I would like to go back to my May 25th blog to the picture I have there showing Diane's dinner creation, as well as showing her Heritage Bear as her dinner Mascot.  After asking where she had it made, Diane has so graciously shared the website where we can view and read about where these "Handcrafted Hugs" are actually being created and made.

http://www.kozykabin.com/

How pleasing to know here is another "creative" person, once again, in our own backyard of Durham, Ontario.  This site is well worth checking out, even if only to "oh & aw" over the beauty and creativity of this gal's artwork.

Last night's supper was a "smash" hit with Rob, and so easy for me to make!  I took the leftover Tuscan Pasta, from the night before, put it in a casserole dish, topping it with Kraft's 4 Italian Cheese, and popping it in a 375* Degree oven until it was bubbly & heated through. 



Served alongside a Caesar Salad, Rob rated this meal a 10 * Star.  Yummy, yummy, yummy .....

Since I really enjoy making people laugh and/or putting a smile on their face, I think this video I received yesterday will do both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=EVwlMVYqMu4&vq=medium#t=125

Much better manners then some people I know.......LOL.

I actually have company coming tomorrow from the City.  My very best friends, Bob & Tim, will be making an appearance here for the day.  They haven't been here since we moved in eight years ago I am sure. 

I hardly can contain my "excitement", but in the meantime I have so much to do, before their arrival, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...