Saturday 30 April 2011

The "Last Day" of April Bring On The May "Flowers" !!!

The last day of April is here already.....where did that month fly off to???  A shimmer of memories floating away towards the month of May.....and hopefully towards lots of sunshine and Spring flowers !

I really did not enjoy the date with Mr. Insomnia last night, nor the upset tummy that went along with it. 

However I did enjoy watching Gordon Ramsey's "Kitchen Nightmares" at 2:00 am.  I really enjoy those episodes.  It is amazing how the restaurants are transformed into something totally different in appearance and decor from what they originally were, and I do like when there is a "happy" ending for the owner after Gordon gets things going in the "right" direction for them.

Oh yes and at 5:30 AM the birds were singing merrily away outside my bedroom window.  That alone should have put me in a "cheery mood" should it have not?  LOL......NOT !

Right now I am hoping this coffee kicks in "quickly", as I can't seem to shake these cobwebs that are causing my vision to be blurred......awe, the "joys of fatigue".  I have "stuff" planned for my day ahead,, so I am going to beat this feeling some way or another !  My visitors this afternoon will just have to overlook the "dust" floating around, or that has so happily perched itself here and there about my house.  I am hoping they will be so busy "oohing and awing" over puppies that the "dust bunnies" will be hardly noticed.  LOL

I am rather please with myself that I did get my bathroom and kitchen floors washed yesterday.  It is such a nice feeling to go walking about one's floors without being "stuck" there for long periods of time before someone comes along to your rescue.......beware should you ever come visit me, you might be stuck like a "fly" to flypaper walking through my kitchen and "trapped" forever more!  LOL

The weather did bright here yesterday with the sun making a "brilliant" appearance later in the afternoon.  I was delighted, as it got sunny and warm enough for "The Magnificent Seven" to have their very first outdoor adventure. 



"hey, where did everybody go?"


"Rob's getting the hose ready for "cleanup" detail"


"hey little "bro" are we lost out here or what?"


"Hey gang, I can't believe she didn't give us guys a blue water dish".


A good time was had by all, including Rob and myself as "puppies" are so amusing to watch with their playing, fighting and "big dog" imitations.  Hopefully the weather will start improving so they can be outside in the pen more often, as well as making "cleanup" much easier for "moi" !  "Easy is Better" in my books.

I now have not only "seven" pups, but also "seven" name suggestions for my "Nameless Kitchen Cat":



The suggestions are Lucky, Chuckles, Cookie, IKE (aka, "I Know Everything"), Percival, Tigger (as from Winnie the Pooh Bear), and Sir Whiskers the Second (as he looks like he ate the first).  Should you have any more suggestions for this "Nameless Kitchen Cat", or like one of the names already suggested, please let me know at rcroth@aol.com .  Monday after all names have been considered, and all votes are in, a name will then be chosen for this "fine porcelain friend of mine" (or should I say, "ceramic"?)  I look forward to all suggestions and/or votes.

Supper at the Roth residence last night was made easy with leftover "chicken pot" pie for Mother, and leftover "Broccoli Mushroom & Cheese Quiche" along with a side salad for Rob & I.





Since tomorrow is the 1st day of May, 2011, that means "Mother's Day" is only a week away from tomorrow.  Since, hopefully, most of us "mothers" receive flowers on Mother's Day, and some of them being "cut flowers", here is a little morsel of information I learned from the Caregiver Day Away I attended last month:

Should  you not have enough "Plant Food" provided with your cut flowers, you can make your own by mixing the following:

2 Drops of Bleach
1 Tsp. Sugar
3 Cups of Water

I am going to try this myself the next time I receive cut flowers, as I certainly would love to have them last as long as possible as my dining room table centerpiece.  It is such a nice feeling walking into a room with an arrangement of fresh flowers present, is it not?

Oh man....I am so tired this second cup of coffee isn't even doing the trick this morning.  I had better check out the Wiarton Airport weather forecast for the day ahead and start moving around before I find myself asleep in front of an unfinished "blog" entry.  Now wouldn't that make quite the alluring "picture"?  LOL

Today:


Sunny. High 15. UV index 6 or high. 



Tonight:


Increasing cloudiness late this evening. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h late this evening. Low 9.


A high of 15 !!!  Wow, I had better get a third cup of coffee into me to see if that will "kick start" me with this kind of weather for the day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".






No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...