Sunday 24 April 2011

HIppity Hop, Hippity Hop, Hippity Hop.....Down the Bunny Trail

The only hippity hop I will be doing this fine Easter Sunday morning will be a hippity hop down the stairs to take Lexus and Bandit out, prepare a Turkey Dinner, and give the "Magnificent Seven" breakfast & supper, then hopefully get up to Lion's Head for a Musical Drama at the Bethel Church for 8:00 PM (if I can still hippity hop by then).

I remember "Palm Sunday" well as a child.....as it was so exciting to go to Church all dressed up with new shoes, stockings, dress, a Sunday best coat, and a hat.  I loved going to Church on "Palm Sunday" as a child.  It is funny I have more fawn memories of getting dressed up for Church on Easter Sunday then that of the Easter Bunny (which I actually have no memories of now that I think about it).  These are good memories, as I am sure my children only have memories of the Easter Bunny, even though they had been taken to Church at a young age.

If my memory serves me correct, I remember the weather on Palm Sunday as being sunny and dry, as I was skipping down Victoria Street in Southampton on my way to the United Church.  Growing up I loved that Church, and still love it, with it's stained glass front window of Jesus Christ our Shepherd with his flock of sheep.  Next time I am down that way, I think I will stop over to the Church just to take a picture of that front window to have.  Good memories.........

I must call my Grandsons this morning to see what the "Easter Bunny" brought them.  Rob & I had given them a turtle light, sun glasses, a pin and a small chocolate Easter Bunny.  I try to go little on the chocolate, and include a few little items I know they will get some enjoyment from.  There is another thing I must put on my hippity hop list to do today.

Speaking of puppies breakfast, I wish I could have someone take a video of all the commotion the "Seven" put on.  When I go down at 10:30 or 11:00 with pan of mush in hand, and they see me, oh my the howling begins!  If someone didn't see what was going on, you would swear I was putting these seven little balls of fur through a wringer......  I open the door to the pen, set the food down, open the ramp to the whelping box and RUN !!!!!  



....and trust me, once that ramp is let down I have to really Run fast to get out of there before the "Seven" start making the descent down the ramp !

These little guys and girls had lots of socializing yesterday when my cousins, Brad, Paula, Suzanne and Paige came to visit them.  Tuckered them out so much they were having the biggest "siesta" the rest of the day right up until I had to wake them up for supper !




Awwww, if I could only sleep so sound, and the positions, to be so flexible?  LOL

Rob was very busy being the Town of Wiarton's "Crabbie Cab" last night, as there was the annual Beef Dinner at the Purple Valley Community Centre, after a day of their Maple Syrup Festival.  He was so busy I didn't see him from 8:00 PM until 3:00 AM.  Needless to say, the "Crabbie Cabbie" is still asleep and hopefully continues to do so until all the crabby has left him, lol.  Poor dear, I know what lack of sleep is like, so I really do sympathize with him on this matter.

That's okay, I am making him one his most favorite meals again....."Turkey Dinner" with all the trimmings.  I am thinking I will do up an early dinner today, as I would like to have it all cooked, ate and cleaned up by 5:00 PM, so I can get cleaned up and ready myself to attend the Musical Drama at the Lion's Head Bethel Church at 8:00 PM.

After eating turkey, I am also going to need a rest, as it does make me sleepy, and I don't want to fall alseep through the performance, as that would not be acceptable.....do you think?

Speaking of food, one of my most favorite subjects, when Rob is off doing his stuff Saturday evenings I usually get to watch the "What's Cooking" 1/2 hour TV episode.  Last night they made a Tiramisu Cheesecake, making it appear to be so easy to make.  I can't believe the recipe takes "four 250 g packages" of Cream Cheese !  Wow it will have to be a very special occasion for me to put that much money out for a dessert, being as frugal as I am....however it did look simply delish so I did look up the link for it:

http://www.whatscookingtv.com/tiramisu-cheesecake-mousse/

.....and only 270 calories per serving.

Oh I almost forgot, unbeknownst to them, I used my dear cousins as "guinea piggies" yesterday when I served them fresh "Raspberry Yogurt Muffins" that I had just made that morning.  I got very good results from the four of them, and if they never read this "blog" they will never be the wiser.  LOL.....this is the same recipe I posted earlier this week but with using Strawberries.  Rob prefers Strawberries and I prefer Raspberries, but I think these new "guinea pig" subjects might go for both.

It looked like it was nice and bright when I first got up this morning, however the longer I have sat the more overcast it has become by the looks of it out there now.  Must have a peak at what the Wiarton Airport has to say about the weather this glorius "Palm Sunday":



Today:






Sunny with cloudy periods. High 8. UV index 6 or high.

Tonight:



Clear. Increasing cloudiness before morning. Low plus 1.


Just as I had suspected, cloudy periods, but that is okay, as that key word is in there, "Sunny".

Lexus is making it well known that she needs to be attended to so here I go again, off and running "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...