Tuesday 29 March 2011

Time to Catch Up......A Women's Work is Never Never Done!

Other then another short date with Mr. Insomnia earlier today, I believe I am starting to feel better then I have been.  The chills, hot flushes (that could have well been hot flashes, lol) and coughing have subsided with that runny nose feeling still causing me to have that box of Kleenx close at hand.

Since I had made an attempt at starting my Spring Cleaning last week, before I got sick, I really need to catch up on the regular stuff that I was not feeling well enough to do while I was sick.  You know that dusty, vacuum, clean the bathroom stuff, then hopefully have the energy to restart the Springy Cleanny stuff.  Key Word:  Energy.

I had a "chuckle" yesterday when my sister, Jeanne, had shared a link from The Old Farmer's Almanac, "Natural Remedies:  Insomnia and Trouble Sleeping":

http://www.almanac.com/content/natural-remedies-insomnia-and-trouble-sleeping

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was eating two large oranges every night before bedtime, and there were nights Mr. Insomnia still insisted on our date.  Maybe I should cook a Turkey every week to have that on hand?  Ummmm, and then I am sure there are days when Rob would truly have no problem obliging with a "rubber mallet", lol.

I really, really enjoyed the Green Bean Casserole my Aunt made to go along with Sunday's supper.  I have to admit it has been a favorite of mine for quite some time, but I believe I had mentioned Rob wasn't fussy on it (but says he will eat it, as I seen this Sunday evening), so I have decided I am going to start to incorporate it back into my meal planning.  There is a couple versions of the recipe, being the one I have gotten off the French's French Fried Onions (Original) (maybe it is the very first original, who knows):

http://www.frenchs.com/recipe/green-bean-casserole-RE1511.html

I think I would prefer the recipe my Aunt  made Sunday, and the recipe I have, which is again a little bit different:

2 - 14 oz cans of green beans, drained
1/2 of a 175 g French Fried Onions (Durkee or French's Brand)
1 - 10 oz can of sliced mushrooms, drained well
1 - 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
3 tblsp. heaping of Almond Slivers
1/2 - 1 cup Old Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Alternate layers of beans & onions.  Mix soup, mushrooms & almonds in separate bowl, then pour over beans.  Top with cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.

I will being making this in the very near future, so watch out Rob !!!

I just love vegetables........

I am thinking if I get a few things caught up today, I might attempt a new recipe which appealed to me in the new Kraft's What's Cooking Spring Magazine (I love this magazine) with a variation of my own:

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/creamy-layered-squares-87729.aspx

Lemon pie is one of Rob's most favorites, so I think he will be a wonderful candidate as Guinea Pig, once again, for these lemon squares.

I just received an email recently from my cousin, Paula, with the pictures Brad had taken of the puppies when they dropped in this past Sunday.  I really appreciated receiving the different poses:



Little bums to heads.....very content & full looking I think.

Here I am, once again, with only one coffee in me and an unmade bed.  I am really starting to believe life is too short to be worrying about an unmade bed.  And do people really come to visit you to see if there are 3 layers of dust on your furniture (in my case this week I am sure there is 5 layers)?  If they do, it must be a very sad "friendship" or an "acquaintance that needs to be re-evaluated, as a true "friendship" only sees the person they care in front of them, or so I believe this is the way it should be.

Well Wiarton Airport by the looks of it out there this morning I only seen heavy frost & no snow flakes so bring on the rest of the day:


Today:




Sunny with cloudy periods. Increasing cloudiness this morning. High plus 3. UV index 3 or moderate.


Tonight:




Cloudy periods. Low minus 5.


Sunshine, my most favorite kind of weather day!

Off to and running to chase after all those dust bunnies that have made themselves so comfortable in my home......Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

  1. I liked Jeannes post too about insonmia and i am going for the turkey Sandwich as i can't tolerate milk or milk products. Glad you are feeling a little better. Take Care

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...